wedding portrait 3- fave

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was my fave shot of the day... what do you guys think? xx:heart:
3fave.jpg

Hard to tell because its a bit too big. Any way you could resize that for us?

Viewing would be easier if it was smaller a bit...
But I agree, this is my fav of all the photos you have posted
with these subjects...

:heart: Sorry about the ridiculous size of my pics guys..... Im just a Learner!!!! Will try to shrink further next post ( and believe me there will be plenty more!!) ...... thanks for the kind comments... I was really happy with them and was crossing fingers that the 'pros' liked them too!! yippeee xxxxx:heart:

I really like this shot!!! However, the left side seems a little "heavy" to me - overall though, I still think they're gonna LOVE this shot - they both look soooo happy!!!

I gotta ask....

All your posts of this series have been sharp and well exposed.... (do you hear a "but" coming?)... BUT, it seems to me that you are not directing the subjects. This one in particular appears as if they're posing for someone else.

Tell us a bit more about how you're directing the shot.

Thanks!
Pete

:heart: Yes..... You're on to it! I was actually just a guest at this wedding but having recently got my new camera and "wannabe photographer" was trying to get some good shots.... this one was taken while they were signing the registry and the pro photog was taking their shot.... i like that they are not looking at my camera though..... I don't know that i'm quite skilled or professional yet to be "the" photographer as I am only self & book taugh but passionate ( & perhaps a little obsessed even!).. willl be juggling a few short courses around my precious little family this year and have set myself a goal to be 'up & running' before the end of the year.... my beautiful hubby is going to build me a studio ( yippee!) hopefully in the next couple of months and am very excited - yeah yeah yeah!! My other wedding shots were not posed by the prof photog, just moments i captured.... oh to be in charge and posing the happy couple...stop it!!!! cant wait... have many ideas up my sleeve for that day..... but for now will continue doing what i love, and hopefully be good enough to call myself a "PHOTOGRAPHER" in the not so distant future xx

Christie Photo said:
I gotta ask....

All your posts of this series have been sharp and well exposed.... (do you hear a "but" coming?)... BUT, it seems to me that you are not directing the subjects. This one in particular appears as if they're posing for someone else.

Tell us a bit more about how you're directing the shot.

Thanks!
Pete

well will say this i did the same thing once and the photographer got a bit upset with me he felt i was stealing what he was doing. not saying he is wrong or right but will say that if you do just kind of lean in after he sets it up well as he pointed out to me very rudly but made his point that was his shot... hehehe so may want to be careful as that can be touching a line of being rude your self but really like a lot of what you have posted great tech on the shots

:heart: ooooooooo.... scary!! But i used my 300ml lens for many of these wedding shots and so was standing back with the other guests and i dont even think he noticed me.... neither did the bride & groom for that matter as i shot many from my table @ the reception too which gave me the opportunity for some true candids!! In fact, many friends were telling me to "get up there" but i was quite happy with the 300ml shots taken from behind all the family and seated guests! I left all the after ceremony arranged shots all up to him though, wouldn't be pushing in there! xx thanks for the comments!

eerieknight said:
well will say this i did the same thing once and the photographer got a bit upset with me he felt i was stealing what he was doing. not saying he is wrong or right but will say that if you do just kind of lean in after he sets it up well as he pointed out to me very rudly but made his point that was his shot... hehehe so may want to be careful as that can be touching a line of being rude your self but really like a lot of what you have posted great tech on the shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back