Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Super Takumar 55/1.8 wide open.

P1030529sm.jpg

Ron. Love the bokeh. Very nice.

can't tell if the softness is the lens wide open or slightly missed focus. I'd like to see it in portrait orientation. The plants to the left and right of the subject weeds kinda detract from the overall image. I would also try to get the bottom of the Mullein plant, because that's interesting too.

Also, the top of the mullein seems slightly too bright.

Ron. Love the bokeh. Very nice.

can't tell if the softness is the lens wide open or slightly missed focus. I'd like to see it in portrait orientation. The plants to the left and right of the subject weeds kinda detract from the overall image. I would also try to get the bottom of the Mullein plant, because that's interesting too.

Also, the top of the mullein seems slightly too bright.

The focus is on the top of the high flower cluster & it is spot on. Softness is due to being wide open.

Ben, I tried a portrait crop & did not like it as I lost the 3D effect the background to the right gives the shot.

Top too bright eh. Laf. Absolutely! I was on a mission to test three lenses wide open & this was the very first shot, lens wide open, lowest ISO (100) & fastest speed (1/4000s) and the pic was over exposed. I moved to a shaded area with less desirable subject mater to complete the project.

You could always try in late evening when the sun's going down.

I was actually looking at a couple of these in my yard myself thinking that I needed to use them as a subject at some point. Been too hot to do any photography this week, though.

Who the hell ever heard of 100*f two days in a row in CT?

Most reactions

Back