Weekly challeng - Celebrate Good Times Come On! 12/23-12/29

All my kids together for the first time in 4 years. Oldest (Marine) is going back to Virginia Beach in January to be an instructor of special weapons and tactics. Youngest son is working on his bachelor degree at Ferris State (10 credit hours) and working 60+ hours a week as a tool and die operator. Daughter is a manager at a Hallmark store and is getting married in October 2018.

2017_1225_17363200-01.jpeg

All my kids together for the first time in 4 years. Oldest (Marine) is going back to Virginia Beach in January to be an instructor of special weapons and tactics. Youngest son is working on his bachelor degree at Ferris State (10 credit hours) and working 60+ hours a week as a tool and die operator. Daughter is a manager at a Hallmark store and is getting married in October 2018.

View attachment 151304
Nice looking family.

View attachment 151304
Nice looking family.
Thanks

Chocolate cake with salted caramel mousse filling and chocolate fudge ganache. The cake is so high that I had to Macgyver an extension for the cover to the cake dish. Put clementines around the rim of the dish and rested the cover on the clementines. Look funky but mission accomplished.

It almost looks like a giant frosted whoopie pie!

I thought the same thing when I took the photo.

From supermarket: Penguin ice cream

Our dinner on Christmas Day was Flemish stew, normally made with Belgian gueuze beer in which the meat is cooked. Firm bite, especially since we had started in the morning with an Irish breakfast, so we left the planned dessert with fried banana, ice cream, melted chocolate and whipped cream completely for what it was.
These Penguins, spotted by my wife in the local supermarket, tasted very nice!

img.JPG

Last edited:
First Christmas with our Sadie Mae, she has been such a joy to us this year. There was a little reluctance on her part at first as this was an all new experience, but she quickly got into it. Her favorite toy (Mom & Dad's) was the supposedly indestructible ball, that dispenses treats.
first Christmas12252017_803.jpg

first Christmas12252017_805.jpg

first Christmas12252017_787.jpg

first Christmas12252017_784.jpg

first Christmas12252017_791.jpg

First Christmas with our Sadie Mae, she has been such a joy to us this year. There was a little reluctance on her part at first as this was an all new experience, but she quickly got into it. Her favorite toy (Mom & Dad's) was the supposedly indestructible ball, that dispenses treats.
View attachment 151314
View attachment 151315
View attachment 151311
View attachment 151310
View attachment 151312

Ha, indestructible smuctable. Webster tore his up in a hot minute. We bought him one of those this year. We give up. Just bones for him, he does well with those. Now my in-laws dog buries them. Then when Webster is over visiting, he digs them up. It's almost like they're playing a game between each other. Once Webster digs them up, Mojo gets angry but Webster stands his ground and it's his.

@jcdeboever We had to take up all the rope toys because of her chewing. She would shred them.

Ugh! Can Christmas puh-leeze be over now????
MJK_4344-small.jpg

I think that a 25% increase in sleep and a 25% decrease in caloric intake would have been good for both Peeb and Riley!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back