Weekly challenge - A Time for Reflection 12/9 - 12/15

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge, let's reflect on the events of the past year... Just Kidding! This challenge is about more visible reflections - in mirrors, in water, in glasses, in windows, in the eyes... For this week's challenge, use reflections to spark your creativity. As usual, post new photos only that have been taken specifically for this challenge - the point is to get out there and shoot, try something new, take the spark of an idea and run with it! Looking forward to seeing your work. Who's in?

All I can shoot with and post is my phone.
But I'll see of I can't come up with something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

All I can shoot with and post is my phone.
But I'll see of I can't come up with something.

The camera phone works great for reflections.

Ceiling fan light reflected in TV screen
20171209_114744.jpg

I had a glorious time today. I had a great day with a friend who is challenged with dementia. I was supposed to take him to church but he threw me a curveball. I know, I should have taken him to church but how could I say no to a man that I respect. The safe thing to do was to bring him to church. The right thing to do was have church in the car and take him to Detroit. This was his wish. WE HAD A BLAST! I love this man. We ate, walked 10.2 miles (he was an x-postman), I learned a lot along the way. He has a looping memory. Things turn on the reel so to speak. Initially, I was worried, so I called the family and they thought it would be great. IT WAS. He would not let me take a pic of him at this time, sorry. We walked 14.7 miles in total and he didn't want to go home. He pleaded with me to take him home.... broke my heart. I can not do that and if I could, I would. I have many images from today but I decided to post this... he was so curious at what I was seeing as a photographer. I love to be able to love people. Just that small opening to love someone, unconditionally, for a second, is priceless. He took pics too but had no film in the camera, he would not let me touch his Kodak point and shoot. I took one for him, bless his heart.

Short roll, TriX , Minolta 9, 35-70. D76

DallasDet17(5).jpg

The eyes have it. Reflected in the bathroom mirror.
20171210_193010.jpg

Most reactions

Back