Went to Home Depot today

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While there my wife asked, if i thought they would mind if she took some pictures of the flowers in the garden section (she is an artist and wants to do some drawings). I asked the guy stocking the shelves, he called the assistent manager and the answer was NO, NO PICTURES IN THE STORE!!!

We Left.

While there my wife asked, if i thought they would mind if she took some pictures of the flowers in the garden section (she is an artist and wants to do some drawings). I asked the guy stocking the shelves, he called the assistent manager and the answer was NO, NO PICTURES IN THE STORE!!!

We Left.

Geez, what a rude guy. I'm sure its company policy, but he didn't have to yell about it. Go to Lowe's and see if they say the same thing...

... better yet, go to Lowes and say ... "but HD let me do it ... " and see what happens :)

Do you have a botanical garden nearby?

Woah, really? Why's that? Seems strange...

Plants at HD usually suck anyways...I'm sure you can find a better location. ;-)

its' company policy..

Im gonna go try that....should be fun.:lmao: Feel like getting busted today

Well we tried. Their flowers weren't too bad.

My wife just wanted to get some different types of flowers. She uses Photoshop to make the arangements then she will draw them with color pencils. She keep a point and shoot with her.

The funny part is when we walked through the store on our way to the garden center, we came across two guys using cellphone cameras. Go figure.

Yes we have some botanical gardens close, this was a spur of the moment thing.

Next time I'll walk in with a dslr and a big white lens.

We Left.
I don't believe it.

This is in the country with more legislated personal rights of freedom than you can shake a stick at?

Including the right to take photos in a public place?

So is the public right of access to HD not good enough to declare HD a public place?

Sounds like it's going as mad as the UK.

Next time I'll walk in with a dslr and a big white lens.

They'll probably think you're important and supposed to be there and will let you in ...

I don't believe it.

This is in the country with more legislated personal rights of freedom than you can shake a stick at?

Including the right to take photos in a public place?

So is the public right of access to HD not good enough to declare HD a public place?

Sounds like it's going as mad as the UK.

No, I think you will find that this does not qualify as a 'public place'

No, I think you will find that this does not qualify as a 'public place'
How so?

Do you need a membership to go in?

How do you qualify a public place?

I would have thought that any place you could access without having to go through any access procedures would have classified the place as public...

I wold have thought that any place you could access without any form of screening would have been counted as public access.

No screening to get into B&Q HD here - what security do you have to go through to get into your local HD????

How so?

Do you need a membership to go in?

How do you qualify a public place?

I would have thought that any place you could access without having to go through any access procedures would have classified the place as public...

I wold have thought that any place you could access without any form of screening would have been counted as public access.

No screening to get into B&Q HD here - what security do you have to go through to get into your local HD????

Unfortunately, the law doesn't always make sense. How I qualify a public place may not matter to the court. A business establishment remains a private enterprise and, I believe, I think the courts would find it private property, just as it is the business owner's option to close the doors entirely at 5pm. I'm speaking out of some lack of knowledge of specifics here -- I'd love to hear a lawyer weigh in.

If I invite you into my home, does my home become a public place? Is there a difference between that and having a business establishment invite you in during business hours?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back