What are your photography tricks

The OP is making mental note right now...
'Note to self, do NOT use the word tricks with this crowd'
N

I think the OP ran away -- hasn't been back since the date the thread was started.

N

I think the OP ran away -- hasn't been back since the date the thread was started.
Look around at the crazy posters........ would YOU come back? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

N

There seems to be quite a lot of that.

Post 'n run.

Or post a dumb question to see how many pages you can get.

Probably the same guy registering under a bunch of different screen names.

Zone system, ETTR and zone system.

(Did I mention Zone System?)

One more 'trick': when I tire of the trouble of toting a tripod, I add a home-made bean bag [dried beans in an old sock,] to my gear. It provides a relatively steady and adaptable support for my camera on an uneven surface. And it's light.

I use my iPhone when I travel light.
I also tend to use my Lumix LX5

I have really been getting into going on spontaneous photo adventures, traveling light with just the camera and a 50mm. Throughout this process I have experimented a lot with underexposing, overexposing, and depth of field.

I also follow many photographers on instagram and various other photo sharing apps for inspiration and crushing on beautiful photos.

I would love to hear photography tricks, camera setting, etc. that you perform when traveling light. Maybe this will not only inspire me but others to think outside the box and experiment.
I use a Brian Peterson tip: WB set to cloudy almost always when outdoors.

Take the lens cap off. It usually works pretty well for me.

Ah, but then you can't use your imagination. But perhaps it doesn't matter. The shot we think we see is not the one the camera sees, and often not what we should have seen.

Ah, but then you can't use your imagination. But perhaps it doesn't matter. The shot we think we see is not the one the camera sees, and often not what we should have seen.
Good point. My imagination far surpasses my photography.

On a related note, you should see this great image I took while flying through space at Warp 9 on the Enterprise... Oh darn, I had the lens cap on again. :icon_tongue:
Warp9.jpg

Wouldn't have mattered. At warp 9 the light doesn't work the same way anyways. In fact the above is probably a much more realistic representation of what one would see. So you see, it does work!

If you're not shooting 3D, close or cover one eye to see the scene in 2D as the camera does before composing and shooting.

Don't try to get a closeup of a llama. They spit. It's nasty.

Don't try to get a closeup of a llama. They spit. It's nasty.
Somehow, this one needs a separate post. If only because it was learned at some cost. And worth passing on.

Learn to edit: find the delete button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back