What camera should I buy?

Let me be the first to stir the pot and say: Nikon D3! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just quit my band after a year of steady gigging due to a move and personal reasons. I'll probably be selling off my VHT amp, 4x12 cab and maybe a few guitars also. I screwed up my back, so I can't even move the 4x12 right now. Very sad and dissapointing about quitting my band, but life goes on! Now I fill the void with photography! :)

Let me be the first to stir the pot and say: Nikon D3! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just quit my band after a year of steady gigging due to a move and personal reasons. I'll probably be selling off my VHT amp, 4x12 cab and maybe a few guitars also. I screwed up my back, so I can't even move the 4x12 right now. Very sad and dissapointing about quitting my band, but life goes on! Now I fill the void with photography! :)

The $1500 I just spent on a 70-200 f/2.8L IS says no Nikon. Plus the only EF-S lens I own is the kit lens.

Nice amp ;)

Yeah I might as well shoot for 5d. Maybe while saving for 5d I'll pickup 30 or 40d but I don't want to upgrade right away once I have made a big purchase.

Once I'm shooting full frame I'll probably be happy for a while.

If I shot Canon I'd already have the existing 5D. $1800 on rebate last year, wowzers! It'll be a loooooong time before you can get a full frame Nikon DSLR at anywhere close to that price. I'll be sticking with crop bodies for awhile though and am getting more crop body glass.

I have heard of a guy that put like 12 sensors together and was shooting 120MP but... I don't think Terrapixels are going to be in our lifetime. Although, I remember 32kb harddrives came out and now we have terrabites... But now that I think of it... censors have not improved nearly as much as hard drives and the sort have... since 2000 we have gone a long way in hard drive space when the improvement of censors has only gone from ~ 1mp to Hasablad's 39mp.

http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery.htm

edit: ahaha, usayit beat me by 4 mins

This is why I don't make huge deals about absolute 100% viewed sharpness and image quality on 35mm based DSLR systems, because seeing what larger format film can do for much less (not this big though!) makes it all seem stupid.

Give process technology a few decades to advance and maybe we'll be able to get affordable 4 x 5 inch digital sensors in reasonably portable systems. That'd be great! :)

Exactly Mav.... IMO, it is the reason why I think Pentax made a huge... HUGE.. mistake by shelving the "affordable" Pentax Digital 645. Other than Hasselblad, they are the only other contender I can think of that has Digital AND medium format experience with a history of delivering both at sub atmosphere prices.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back