What causes this??

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I picked up an old 1D on ebay, the seller is a photo store, so they do have a warranty, but I want to know the reasoning, and if its an easy fix, if not I am going to be pissed that they sold this to me.

Here is a picture of my ceiling, so you can see the spot.
Untitled-3.jpg

I figure that, but what is the something? Its not on the mirror.

I guess I should ask, is it an easy fix? Or should I send it back and ask for a full refund?

EDIT, thanks Bitter for the link.

I picked up a sensor cleaning kit, the camera shop was going to charge $25 to clean and the kit was $30. I can see the spot on the sensor, and I have tried cleaning a couple times, it is not coming off, is that normal? I would think if its dust it would easily come off.

I picked up a sensor cleaning kit, the camera shop was going to charge $25 to clean and the kit was $30. I can see the spot on the sensor, and I have tried cleaning a couple times, it is not coming off, is that normal? I would think if its dust it would easily come off.

At this point, I would spend the $25 to have the store clean it. This way if they mess it up, they have to fix or replace it. You don't want to be scrubbing your sensor with a scotchbrite to get gunk off.

At this point, I would spend the $25 to have the store clean it. This way if they mess it up, they have to fix or replace it. You don't want to be scrubbing your sensor with a scotchbrite to get gunk off.

No I wouldn't, Is that what they would do?

No I wouldn't, Is that what they would do?

No, I was being figurative...I forget about how tone of speech doesn't count on the internet. My point was that if it's on there pretty good, I wouldn't go scrubbing to try and get it off.....if it's not just dust that can wipe right off, I'd leave it to the pro tech's to clean it off safely.

You might want to down load some custom curves and load them into your camera because you can sometimes get a green cast in the shots but you should be well pleased when you see what that camera can do
This is a 1Dmk1 shot
293456243_xGpce-L.jpg

You might want to down load some custom curves and load them into your camera because you can sometimes get a green cast in the shots but you should be well pleased when you see what that camera can do
This is a 1Dmk1 shot

Thanks, not sure how to do that, but I will look into it. You are refering to the original 1D, I have never seen anything marked mk1, but I guess since its the original it didnt need it?
I am debating on keeping it, I am not wild about the quality that the preview screen it, its hard to get a good idea if the picture turned out.

It's worthwhile learning how to clean a sensor properly and getting the proper gear, if you're serious about your photography. Every DLSR wil lget dust on the sensor at some time or another, and if you have to pay to get it cleaned every time then the cost will add up over time.

I suggest researching the 'copperhill method' of sensor cleaning (or wet cleaning). Whatever you want to call it, it involves wiping the sensor clean with the appropriate solvent. you can buy some stuff called eclipse fluid and lint-free cloths called pec-pads to do it, though they are expensive. The eclipse stuff is just methanol - it evaportes really fast so doesn't leave smears from wiping. Do not use methylated spirits.

This is a 1Dmk1 shot

Thanks, not sure how to do that, but I will look into it. You are refering to the original 1D, I have never seen anything marked mk1, but I guess since its the original it didnt need it?
I am debating on keeping it, I am not wild about the quality that the preview screen it, its hard to get a good idea if the picture turned out.

Don't worry about the screen , when you have it set up right you only use the screen to check the histogram because most shots will be sharp it is a fantastic camera focus speed is very fast and accurate, people moan about High ISO this is iso1600
Check out FM reviews the only 1D that beats it on score is the MK4 for overall satisfaction
360231872_BHFcM-L.jpg

+1. The LCD on the back of any dSLR camera is pretty much useless for critically evaluating a shot.

You can do a general look, but that's about it.

At any rate it's older gear, so of course it's going to be somewhat less, ah, user friendly, but lots less costly than when it was the hot ticket back-in-the-day.

I think its clean, I spent some time on it, and it looks good now.

I ordered this camera on ebay from seller name, henrys.com

There customer service is great! They refunded me the cost of the sensor cleaning kit, they are sending me a new battery, since the one that came with the camera sucks, plus they gave me $120 refund so I can get a battery locally as well! Great deal in the end! I recommend them!

Most reactions

Back