What do you think of this macro lens for Nikon?

I can't see why not.

Option No. 3: If you have a prime lens, you can reverse it in front of the Soligor and turn it into a close-up lens.

Your only expense would be maybe $20 for a reversing ring.

I don't have a prime lens just entry level lens. But this is good to know.

Since the reversed lens won't be attached to the camera, ANY prime will do. The lens mount will not matter. Although it would be nice to have one in a Nikon mount (so you can use it normally), a lens with a Canon, Pentax, Sony etc mount will do the trick.

I scored an old pre-Ai Nikkor 28mm that I use reversed on a bellows for $8. Someone had tried to do a DIY Ai conversion and butchered the mount. So the lens mount is pretty much useless for 'normal;' use. But since the lens pretty much stays attached (reversed) to my bellows, it functions just fine for it's purpose.

In fact, maybe an old Canon film lens would work better in this situation than a Nikon as Nikon lenses default to minimum aperture when not mounted, whereas Canons can be wide open.

I'd check a few pawn shops and thrift stores (Salvation Army, Goodwill etc) for a bargain prime. You may just find something for the same price as dinner at the Golden Arches Supper Club.

All along I have been very specifically writing about reversing the 6T on the front of the lens, not reversing the lens. Reversing a long zoom lens like the 100-300 would be a major PITA.

If you want a Nikon extension tube, the M-2 is realllllly cheap.

Sorry Derrel I hadn't seen this post. I went back and reread all the info on this thread. I appreciate all your help and going to refer to it as I figure out all this.

I can't see why not.

Option No. 3: If you have a prime lens, you can reverse it in front of the Soligor and turn it into a close-up lens.

Your only expense would be maybe $20 for a reversing ring.

I don't have a prime lens just entry level lens. But this is good to know.

Since the reversed lens won't be attached to the camera, ANY prime will do. The lens mount will not matter. Although it would be nice to have one in a Nikon mount (so you can use it normally), a lens with a Canon, Pentax, Sony etc mount will do the trick.

I scored an old pre-Ai Nikkor 28mm that I use reversed on a bellows for $8. Someone had tried to do a DIY Ai conversion and butchered the mount. So the lens mount is pretty much useless for 'normal;' use. But since the lens pretty much stays attached (reversed) to my bellows, it functions just fine for it's purpose.

In fact, maybe an old Canon film lens would work better in this situation than a Nikon as Nikon lenses default to minimum aperture when not mounted, whereas Canons can be wide open.

I'd check a few pawn shops and thrift stores (Salvation Army, Goodwill etc) for a bargain prime. You may just find something for the same price as dinner at the Golden Arches Supper Club.

Another option to think about. I will keep that in mind whenever I go to yard sales, flea markets etc. I really appreciate your help with this.

Check your Conversations. I might have something for you. :1219:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back