What does LS mean on my nikon d3000's interface?

So it's picture control. Never used it before, do you guys know what it does?

It looks like picture control. What you have pictured is the standard picture control (default), which is what I use and have the sharpness bumped a little. It's a way to globally control color, tone, effects through the menu; Standard, Landscape, Vivid, Portrait, and Monochrome . Really no big advantage unless you want to incorporate some kind of setting you like to eliminate in post processing and the ability to shoot a custom setting in raw. I have tried them all and do not like any of them except standard. For example, I tried the Portrait control for a portrait and everything is too soft. Just google Nikon picture control for further info. I think it can be of use on the windows desktop, using the Nikon software. You can create your own picture control setting to expedite post processing. I have quite a few but problem is, I rarely use a Windows computer. However, if shooting a soccer game on a bright sunny day, I have a custom picture control of white balance set to sunny, sharpen set to 2, highlights zonked to 100, shadows bumped to 15, color boost set to 8. I then highlight the 200 pics, select the custom control, and hit enter... it changes all 200 to those setting so I am not sitting in front of a computer for a couple hours. It has it's use but not really much in the grand scheme of things.

Most reactions

Back