Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...after a nice conversation with JoCose over the scabillion spellings of my name, and how NO ONE gets it right, we began discussing name origins/meanings, a bit...and I thought it called for a thread! :)

So...what does your first name mean? Where does it originate? (I'm gonna have to look mine up, so I'll get back to you!)

I also understand that some are reluctant to share their first names, so, you can tell us what your username means instead, if ya want! :)

Jonathan is my first name, and it's from the Bible. Jonathan was David's best friend, and it means "Gift of God".

Verbal said:
Jonathan is my first name, and it's from the Bible. Jonathan was David's best friend, and it means "Gift of God".

great name.... love the story about him and davids friendship... if you take after the biblical jonathan... you should be a wonderful friend...a true gift from God..!!

talk about a real oxymoron...my real name means "full of grace"...

i was thinking full of something...but not grace, i cant walk and chew gum at the same time....

people refer to me as china in a bull shop... i mean a bull in a china shop..!!
klutzy!

Mine means Victorious People ... and since it's plural, I'm gonna assume that Calliope's assessment of me was dead on ...

I have no idea what I'm victorious over because I sure do battle a lot ...

My (real) English name means "God is salvation" huh, news to me.

My Hebrew name means "A gift from God." I was named after my great-grandfather, but coincedentily, I was a "surprise" (note that my sister says I was an accident), so my mom says that since I'm the only boy and she always wanted a boy, I was truly a gift. She didn't know the meaning when they named me.

As for my username, I have mentioned it in another thread, but jocose means funny and witty

anicole said:
Mine means Victorious People ... and since it's plural, I'm gonna assume that Calliope's assessment of me was dead on ...

I have no idea what I'm victorious over because I sure do battle a lot ...

preach on sister!! i'm in the choir!!

i think your very victorious....maybe we should change your name to vikki of the mists or some such....

ok..maybe not....

your always a winner with me, pallie!!:mrgreen:

aprilraven said:
preach on sister!! i'm in the choir!!

i think your very victorious....maybe we should change your name to vikki of the mists or some such....

ok..maybe not....

your always a winner with me, pallie!!:mrgreen:

well ... GLY for that ... but since you're drunk today ... it's with a grain of salt that I receive this compliment ...

(joining ya as soon as possible ... stopping at Rafferty's on the way home ... see you at Riverside about 5:15 or so? 'Ritas? Capt. Morgan & Coke? What's your poison today? I'm buying ....)

Here's one meaning I found for mine! :lol:

Variant of Cory meaning variously - From the round hill; seething pool; ravine

haha...looks like I'm a guy:

Corrie/Corry is an anglicization of the Irish surnames Mac Gothraidh , Ó Comhraí, Ó Comhraidhe, and Ó Corra. Gothraigh ("Godfrey"), Comhrai(dh), and Corra("spear") are all first names, though all male.

Emily means "industrious, eager", and I think it's of Old German/Latin origin. (According to the internet). :)

anyone got one of them websites that tell ya what your name means?

Wooohooo! I'm a girl again!

corry /Female /Dweller near a hollow /Irish

JonMikal, I just did a google search that said "meaning of the first name Corry. (otherwise I kept getting surnames) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back