What Is A Snapshot

Why does it matter if its used for CC?

I really don't know, people got mad at me when i said I took some snapshots for C&C, but I can see what they all mean about thought, technical, composition, thought, etc. It all makes sense to me. I only called them snap shots because I wanted to avoid the problem of having them think I thought it was a work of art. I know it has much much room for improvement. I just wanted to find out what I needed to do to make it a pleasing photograph to look at. Than all H-- broke out lol, So I wanted to find out what they thought a snapshot was to them,

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated, all of you

I really don't know, people got mad at me when i said I took some snapshots for C&C, but I can see what they all mean about thought, technical, composition, thought, etc. It all makes sense to me. I only called them snap shots because I wanted to avoid the problem of having them think I thought it was a work of art. I know it has much much room for improvement. I just wanted to find out what I needed to do to make it a pleasing photograph to look at. Than all H-- broke out lol, So I wanted to find out what they thought a snapshot was to them,

Maybe you can look at it this way, why ask for CC on something you don't think is a work of art? Like, to me, I have a TON of snapshots of my family that I love, but wouldn't bother putting up for CC because I know they aren't meant to be "pro images". But there there are shots that I take with my portfolio in mind, and those I need crit on to grow. I still think those pieces are "works of art" but I know they are like, D level art, and I need to get them to A level art, and peer review is a great way to do that.
Its also a waste of time when someone posts something, and someone else gives thorough CC, and then the OP comes back and says, oh, those were just snapshots, I didn't really try". Maybe thats why H broke loose, I didn't read that thread :D

Maybe you can look at it this way, why ask for CC on something you don't think is a work of art? Like, to me, I have a TON of snapshots of my family that I love, but wouldn't bother putting up for CC because I know they aren't meant to be "pro images". But there there are shots that I take with my portfolio in mind, and those I need crit on to grow. I still think those pieces are "works of art" but I know they are like, D level art, and I need to get them to A level art, and peer review is a great way to do that.
Its also a waste of time when someone posts something, and someone else gives thorough CC, and then the OP comes back and says, oh, those were just snapshots, I didn't really try". Maybe thats why H broke loose, I didn't read that thread :D

Yes you are right. I did word it wrong for this site. I should have just said 2 photographs for C&C, I big mistake here. But I thought with asking for C&C I must have thought it had possibilities and I was trying to achieve much more. Yes a bad use of the word SNAPSHOT. This site that word is used in a derogatory way I think and as stated taking a pic without much thought.
I do agree with everything you said. So what do you think of my PHOTOGRAPHS, your thought would be appreciated>

Snapshots are the involuntary manslaughter of photography.

Nice snapshots you have there
Your model airplane is cute
She said she wants to be friends

= Very similar affect

Snapshots are the involuntary manslaughter of photography.

I do that all the time, and I don't have to try :lmao: I was looking to do better though, it is h--- when that happens when you try like heck!

Thank you

I do think it makes a difference. Words matter on the interwebz :)
But for the record, snapshot has a different definition in the "real world" too. You don't expect to hire someone for a wedding, for example, and receive "snapshots", right?

I do think it makes a difference. Words matter on the interwebz :)
But for the record, snapshot has a different definition in the "real world" too. You don't expect to hire someone for a wedding, for example, and receive "snapshots", right?

No you are right, but that does happen, I have seen plenty :lmao: who call themselves photographers and I will never understand why?
Anyway thank s again and good luck to you

A snapshot represents a frozen image of a volume. The source of a snapshot is called an "original." When a snapshot is created, it looks exactly like the original at that point in time. As changes are made to the original, the snapshot remains the same and looks exactly like the original at the time the snapshot was created.
Snapshotting allows you to keep a volume online while a backup is created. This method is much more convenient than a data backup where a volume must be taken offline to perform a consistent backup. When snapshotting, a snapshot of the volume is created and the backup is taken from the snapshot, while the original remains in active use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back