What is going to be on the table tonight.

Early supper at the best Mexican Restaurant (Los Arcos) in the area. Going early so I have time to recuperate from eating to much.

Well looks like the spread is going to be delayed for a week. Got a call from the in-laws and the sister-in-law who has been battling stage 4 cancer for a few years now is feeling better, (apparently in remission again) so the brother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming to the in-laws. We are all going to their place, a three hour drive. They already had meats bought to grill. Thankfully I found out before I put the dry rubs on this morning. Back to the chill chest for the meats for a week. Still going to take the cake up along with an orzo pasta salad, some fresh from the vine tomatoes, fresh picked corn on the cob and a couple of nice vidalia onions for the burgers.

Gives you a week to get down here now Iron.

*Hurriedly Googles "Cheapest air fare Victoria, BC - Wichita, Kansas"*
Might get a chicken then and add that to the mix.

You know if you left now and drove a PU truck I could send you home with one of these. It is too easy with this smoker.
Still wayyyyyyy more work than I am willing to put into food I have to make. I like microwave barbecue!
Dude, you are way too lazy then. You pour in a 20# bag of hardwood pellets, hit the start button (it lights itself), set the temp you want. Come back 20 minutes later put the meat on close the lid and walk away. Come back a few hours later when the meat is done. No charcoal, No hard wood splits, no tending a fire every couple of hours, nothing like that. If you are doing briskets after about 8-10 hours you check the hopper and fill it up if need be.

Then you eat!!!!!!

I'll BBQ a 10 oz flatiron steak I've got marinating in some teriyaki marinade I made.
I'll have some quartered artichoke hearts drizzled with spicy tomato sauce (El Pato) and sprinkled with crumbled Cotija cheese. For a second side dish - some chili beans.

We wantz pics of food!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 6 stuffed blue cheese and 2 stuffed cheddar and bacon burgers ready for the grill for tonight. (ran out of blue cheese) Now if the thunderstorm will only pass so I can grill them. If not we will order a pizza and have them tomorrow for lunch.

This whole weekend food plans are getting screwed up. The way it is going I may have to fix a gormetti meal like tirediron would.
6414404713.jpg

Mmmmm. Mmmmmmm.:lol:

Or as Andy Griffith would say..................
round-crackers-isolated-crispy-salty-57169163.jpg

Good Cracker, good, good cracker. :biglaugh:

I have 6 stuffed blue cheese and 2 stuffed cheddar and bacon burgers ready for the grill for tonight. (ran out of blue cheese) Now if the thunderstorm will only pass so I can grill them. If not we will order a pizza and have them tomorrow for lunch.

This whole weekend food plans are getting screwed up. The way it is going I may have to fix a gormetti meal like tirediron would.
6414404713.jpg

I'm a little hurt that you think I'd mess around with those child-size portions, but at least you have good taste! :D
Gourmet.jpg

3lb tin of tasty gourmet goodness!

6414404713.jpg

I'm a little hurt that you think I'd mess around with those child-size portions, but at least you have good taste! :D
Gourmet.jpg

Come now, anyone too lazy to make good food is too lazy to put leftovers away. Be honest you just microwave three of the small cups. :biglaugh:

6414404713.jpg

Gourmet.jpg

And?

6414404713.jpg

Gourmet.jpg

And?
Just Saying.

6414404713.jpg

Gourmet.jpg

And?
Just Saying.
Feel free to drop by for supper if you're in town!

The blue cheese stuffed burgers were juicy, flavorful and absolutely wonderful with fresh garden picked tomato and vidalia onions. For any of you grillers out there you might want to look into this little product. Holy C#@& Batman, used them on the Weber Summit tonight for the first time and they are everything they say they are. Played around with the grill after we ate and found that with these instead of the open SS steel grate that came with it, I could dial in and hold an exact temperature. Will be great for baking a smoked pineapple upside down cake or other baking. Needless to say I was more than happy with the results. Cant wait to try some rib-eyes on them.

Most reactions

Back