What is going to be on the table tonight.

Too hot here to use the grill. It's 7 pm and 97 degrees with awful humidity. Too hot to eat. Going to have a smoothie for dinner. Yum!
Bite your tongue there sister. It is never, I repeat NEVER to hot to eat. :biggrin-new:
7958e10c6fb89403dfe1ecf9d097fb99.jpg

Looks like Gary is getting used to the Grill Grates. Just finished baking Chocolate Chip cookies. Earlier I baked a zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting.

Tonight, Blue cheese burgers on the grill. Tomorrow night Pulled Pork and ribs on the smoker.

I didn't eat much today. Had breakfast at a foreign (not race) restaurant, I got real bloated quickly. I am so over eating out. I need to learn how to cook so I can pack my own food. I travel all the time. There are so many dirty restaurants in my travels. I know better, walk in, and check out bathroom.

My wife works her butt off and I can't ask her to help.

Last edited:
Cooking for one does suck but eating out is worse :)

And for me, living on an acreage, isn't an alternative....

Fish and chips with pork and beans, a heart healthy meal, he, he...

Fish%20and%20chips_zpsm7capxdi.jpg

Cheers, Don
Don, you could subscribe to the Tirediron's method of cooking. Multiple microwaves, no stove or oven and a big freezer for microwave meals. Preferably something with a flimsy pull off cover in it's own microwaveable bowl. Paper plates and plastic table ware.

Granted he is Canada's version of an ecological disaster with all that paper and plastic, but he is saving water. :biggrin-93:

Last edited:
The pork but is in the smoker for pulled pork. The ribs go on about 12:00. Tonight pulled pork, ribs, potato salad, corn on cob.

Don, you could subscribe to the Tirediron's method of cooking. Multiple microwaves, no stove or oven and a big freezer for microwave meals. Preferably something with a flimsy pull off cover in it's own microwaveable bowl. :biggrin-93:

Ahh, I wish it was that easy, sigh...

It's not that I like to cook (that much) but that I like tasty stuff and store bought processed food just doesn't do it for me :)

I make my own bread, soups, sauces, egg noodles, etc. Even the odd time I have three-minute noodles I make my own broth !

On a recent cooking binge, I made chocolate biscotti, shortbread cookies and rolled up 60 wontons. The freezer is my friend, he, he..

NewyearscookingElements_zps06631c93.jpg

Cheers, Don

image.jpeg

Carolina reapers. Had them on wings for breakfast. Was a long day!

Don, you could subscribe to the Tirediron's method of cooking. Multiple microwaves, no stove or oven and a big freezer for microwave meals. Preferably something with a flimsy pull off cover in it's own microwaveable bowl. :biggrin-93:

It's not that I like to cook (that much) but that I like tasty stuff and store bought processed food just doesn't do it for me :)

I make my own bread, soups, sauces, egg noodles, etc. Even the odd time I have three-minute noodles I make my own broth !

On a recent cooking binge, I made chocolate biscotti, shortbread cookies and rolled up 60 wontons. The freezer is my friend, he, he..

Cheers, Don
Don, you're just not trying too little. :biggrin-new:

Tirediron has it down to a science. You should check in with him to learn his secrets. He probably has all the same things pictured above that he bought in the freezer section of his local mega mart. :biglaugh:

Cheers, Don
Don, you're just not trying too little. :biggrin-new:

Tirediron has it down to a science. You should check in with him to learn his secrets. He probably has all the same things pictured above that he bought in the freezer section of his local mega mart. :biglaugh:
Nope... no wontons or biscotti. Wontons I get at the local all-you-can eat Chinese buffet and biscotti... not a fan.

image.jpg
Leftovers, but with the leftovers I'm sipping on a Chapin Cabernet Sauvignon and I just pulled out of the BBQ a round Shepard bread type loaf but I used a baguette dough. It smells wonderful, haven't had a taste yet.

Last edited:
I should have taken some pictures...but I'm getting my cooking in while I still can. Today was Chile Verde with Pork, tomorrow is smoked turkey breast, and I think some fair-ground style pit beef is up for the end of the week.

Most reactions

Back