What is It??

carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have posted several things on here and I never get a reply although there are plenty of lookers. If my work is not so hot, then crit it, tell me, if it's boring, please let me know.

I joined for the same reasons everyone else did, but i see only 0 when i look at my post

Please tell me---what's with this?

well as I type there are 107 members online who can post and 808 guests who can't post. So a lot of the views will be from people who can't reply.

Sadly a few months ago there were a few idiots who made a lot of people on here feel bad about saying 'nice shot' 'like it' etc etc so a lot of members now don't reply because of a few morons.

Also some people feel that as they are new to photography they can't crit someones work. And there are a lot of new posts everyday so threads do drop down the list quickly.

But remember you can always #bump# your thread back to the top, that works for me

I'm fairly new around here and can say that I do much more looking than I comment, but that's mostly due to my complete lack of photography knowledge. Before I joined TPF I had only ever taken pics in Auto, but after purchasing my latest camera I decided I wanted to learn how to use it. I signed up with TPF mainly for the photo assignments cause I thought it would be a great way to learn and would inspire me to take more pics. I really enjoy takin pics for the assignments and seeing what others come up with, but have found that there is absolutely NO critiquing going on in the Assignment Forum, which to me is a real shame. :( So anyone reading this... get in there and start looking around... it's there for the same purpose (sharing,commenting,critiquing) as the main galleries, just in a different place.

Same happens with me. A lot of times I don't get any posts and even after a bump I may only get one. It would be nice to even get some comments good or bad.

On the other side of things, I see myself viewing a lot of threads without replying. Sometimes I like the shots, sometimes I don't, but from now on I'm going to try and throw a reply into any post I view so that people start getting feedback of some kind. I'll try to do my part to change my habits and hopefully others will do the same.

Sometimes I like the shots, sometimes I don't, but from now on I'm going to try and throw a reply into any post I view so that people start getting feedback of some kind. I'll try to do my part to change my habits and hopefully others will do the same.
I agree:thumbup:
I post replies as often as i can ;)

whats wrong w/ saying nice shot? i guess i'm not on here enough :::sigh:::

whats wrong w/ saying nice shot? i guess i'm not on here enough :::sigh:::

in my mind there is NOTHING wrong with it

meh, turds are all over the world just unfortunate they think they're better then everyone when in reality they are worse! ahahaha

in my mind there is NOTHING wrong with it

Same here. I'd much rather get a thread full of "Nice Shots" than to get 0 replies and wonder if my photo is crap.

whats wrong w/ saying nice shot?

There's nothing at all wrong with it. (Do you feel a "but" coming?)

But... outside of affording some validation, it's not a lot of help to the freshmen who want/need to know WHY an image is "nice."

The biggest stopper for me is when a photographer posts 6... 8... 12.... images in the same thread and asks, "What do you think?" I takes a bit of time to offer a useful critique, and I'm not likely to spend much time putting one together (especially on multiple images) if the photographer hasn't taken time to state his/her concerns.

carly... I will go look at your posts and try to offer something.

Hang in there.

-Pete

positive re-enforcement is a time proven way to keep workers performing at their best (definately works the same for hobbies like this)

i know what you mean about over loaded with images, the simple way is to just make a general comment (like the angles, but these are under exposed) or maybe just focus on one or 2

I'm fairly new around here and can say that I do much more looking than I comment, but that's mostly due to my complete lack of photography knowledge. Before I joined TPF I had only ever taken pics in Auto, but after purchasing my latest camera I decided I wanted to learn how to use it. I signed up with TPF mainly for the photo assignments cause I thought it would be a great way to learn and would inspire me to take more pics. I really enjoy takin pics for the assignments and seeing what others come up with, but have found that there is absolutely NO critiquing going on in the Assignment Forum, which to me is a real shame. :( So anyone reading this... get in there and start looking around... it's there for the same purpose (sharing,commenting,critiquing) as the main galleries, just in a different place.

I just wanted to say that I am the same - I don't have much experience, and I can really only say "wow, it's awesome I love it!" and don't have all that photo knowledge.

Don't feel bad, it seems to be the norm. For the amount of visitors this forum has, it has got to be one of the slowest replying I've ever been a member of. I guess a lot of it has to do with the huge number of guests vs. members. It also seems like the vast majority of members are beginners themselves. But hey, I'm a beginner and I'll comment on posts if I have any insight at all or even if I "just like" a photo.

Most reactions

Back