What is this grid over my picture?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to find out what is causing this effect:

DSC_0136.jpg

It wasn't on the original... but maybe something to d with compression?

If it wasn't on the original, at what point did you notice it? During a pp step, after resizing for the web, only after uploading to the web.....etc...?

For what it's worth, I actually think it's kind of a neat effect.

If it wasn't on the original, at what point did you notice it? During a pp step, after resizing for the web, only after uploading to the web.....etc...?

For what it's worth, I actually think it's kind of a neat effect.

I only noticed it after uploading the pictures...

My guess is something online is interpolating the image, in a terrible, terrible way. o_O

Almost looks like indiviual pixels are seperated. I cant really tell you though. Did you try deleting that one and, uploading another. Preferably one that isnt post processed.

Wow... neat.

Maybe it's the ghost of that wamsutta checkered blanket your visciously murdered last year, come back to ruin your pictures by floating in front of your subject every time you take a picture!!!!!!!

:lol:

I'm sorry, I have NO freaking idea what would do that, but I just love the idea of being haunted by dead blankets.

:lol:

I really cannot figure it out.

I am not using any sort of reflectors on these, but there were about... 6 strobes going off.

Is this printed and then scanned? Looks like a moire effect to me caused by the dot patterns in printing.

Strangeski...sortve looks like when you make an image partially transparent with no background in gimp. I however, have no idea what it is :(

As someone mentioned scanning, it looks like something you get from scanning a low res image like newspaper without de-interlace.

Just curious. Do you have Baseline Standard or Baseline "Optimized" selected in PS when you save the jpg?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back