If you had $30,000 to spend...

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let's say you won $30,000 off one of those scratchers, what would you spend it on? Would you save it, or spend it on gear? What kind of gear would you buy?

Would you have a different view on buying the gear if the $30,000 was saved over a long period of time compared to coming across it by luck?

It's just a random thought I had, I didn't win anything. All of my gear $$ has been earned/saved.

When I turned 18, I received approximately $30,000. I blew it all.

I do not recomend doing what I did.

Do you still want to know what I would do with the money?

I'd buy...

- 18-70 2.8
- D700

Maybe a fisheye.

Then I'd spend the rest on flowers for my wife, so she wouldn't murder me for spending $5-6K on more pointless camera equipment. :)

Actually, I'd undoubtably spend 99% of that money fixing up the house and really hope there was a few bucks left to buy an xbox game or something.

Ah... it's fun being an adult! :)

considering the gear I have already I would buy a 1D mk. III (or wait for the mk. IV) get Canon 24-70 f/2.8, 16-35 f/2.8, macro ring flash, the new pocket wizards, 2-4 580EX II's and 2-3 new bags. After that I will have at least $15,000 left :p...ok maybe about $10,000 :p

ooo... what did you spend it on? :lol:

hmmm....I'm thinking the women you see on the streets once all the children go home to sleep :p

In six months I spent $27,000. All I have to show for it now is a $500 (what I paid, about 10 years ago) Sony Trinitron TV...

A TV?!?!?!

Boys.... :er:

It's easier than you'd think. The more you have, the faster it goes.

I know how that is. Have you seen my signature? That's not a wish list, that is the stuff I am trying not to order in one shopping cart on B&H. I am trying to space out my expenses so I can continue to save $$ while also buying my gear.

A TV?!?!?!

Boys.... :er:
Yup, that's it.

Everything else was either worthless crap that I don't have now, or ended up getting traded for something else.

So, yeah - I have a $27,000 TV... Some things have to be learned the hard way.

(And it still works fine.)

I'd build a new shifter kart, get another Bell T6 Interceptor helmet and have Troy Lee Designs paint it (same design as the last one), a D3X, and build a couple new sets and props for the studio.

Whoa, broke again. That didn't take long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back