What is this? What would you call this?

mostlysunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was using my camera yesterday. I took my son and Nephew to go see the Harlem Globetrotters yesterday. The screen on my camera starting flashing this.... (it's the same picture but on the globes head it flashes---)

Facebook

and this..
Facebook

What is it called? I think my camera is broken.. anyone?

no! You have set privacy settings to friends only is my guess. Just post the picture here.

Links no workee.

chinkrun.gif

Parts of the image are flashing? They're overexposed and blown out. Most likely due to your +1-1/3 EV.

Album MostlySunny Photography Forum

Yes, it flickers-- I had read it might be over or under exposed-- but the camera had never done this before.. and I was using the video on it.. So I wasn't sure if the flicking the camera overheating..( I read something about it on the 7D, the early ones).

The flashing monitor has nothing to do with the sensor overheating. It's just telling you the brightest areas of the image are pure white, with no detail.

Thank you.. I was mostly using auto but then was playing with the camera when I got bored. I totally missed when one of the players pulled my Nephew on the court (he is 11) and had him shoot from the free through line.. he made it.. I was busy playing with my camera... =(

Canon calls that the Highlight Alert.
IIRC you use a 7D.
See page page 163 in the 7D Instruction Manual for info about the Highlight Alert.

Last edited:
Regular shooters call it, "the blinkies".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back