What kind of sunglasses are you wearing?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently bought a pair of polarized sunglasses from NYS collection. These are very clear but, give me eyes strained. Since now is summer time, I bet all the members of TPF going outdoor shootings. Just curious, what kind of sunglasses are you wearing?

Overglasses I got from Costco. Pretty big, polarized, UVA/UVB/UVC/UVn... When I wear them, my wife calls me "Darth". I tell her... only when I also wear the cape.

Polarized prescription glasses when I'm driving. Cheap drug store glasses when I'm not. I have found that I lost or broke expensive glasses but not cheap ones so I paid $12 for a pair and have had them for about 7 years so far.

I like my glasses dark with a more brown/amber tint, not grey tint. Except for the ones I have for migraines. Those need to be almost black.

Sunglasses? I live on Vancouver Island. What the hell are sunglasses?

Mine are polarized prescription, single vision, in 14K gold plated Italian frames, with a single-piece nose bridge and REAL GLASS lenses...none of this plastic or resin crap for my sunglasses. Very close-to-the face frames that block out most of the side-entry sun rays. I really do not like to shoot photos wearing sunglasses, but I have a few times. I wear them mostly for river and saltwater salmon fishing,where the UV rays can cause eye damage, and to alleviate eyestrain on open water.

If you wear cheap sunglasses that can not filter UV rays, you're really not taking proper care of your eyes. Opening UP the pupils by putting cheap sunglasses in front of your eyes then blasting your wide-open eyes with UV rays...NOT good. THis is especially bad for kids; do NOT let your kids wear CHEAP, non-UV protecting sunglasses. Ever. At least that's what my eye doctor has been telling people for 30 years.

Transitions coating on my prescription glasses, Ray-Ban Aviators otherwise.

I bought some old glasses with large round lenses. Then I took out the lenses and replaced them with B+W ND 0.3 filters.
If you really want to get creative use CPLs or something.

lol .. not really .. but a interesting idea if anyone has the time lol

Ray-Bans polarized. I have bought the same style for years. Although sadly they have been slowly changing the style. They are expensive but, I usually replace them after four or five years.

Oakley M-frame Pro's that I've had since about 1998 or so. They are old and the paint is peeling off of them but I have a couple of different lenses that I can use depending on the weather, I can go with clear, light tint or dark.

Oakley Juliets.

Oakley-Penny-X-Metal-Ruby-Iridium.jpg

Just like those. Polarized lenses.

Lately people have been commenting on them. (I think it's because I changed out the more subtle gray/silver lenses for those obnoxious red ones, but I've had at least a couple people tease me for "wearing oakleys"... one person said "Hey, Chris, welcome to the 90s!"

I dunno. I always felt like these had a very timeless "I'm ridiculously cool and my name might be Neo" look to them, but...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back