What program to convert and edit. What do you like and use?

GIMP, I keep the originals around (Some SANE format that I think is the scanner equivilent of RAW).....
i do not recommend using the "INSANE" format. Stick with the "SANE" format. It makes more sense. :)

So is this a good deal.

Whether you’re hosting or visiting family and friends this year, bring your photos with you on your smartphone or tablet*. Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 helps you edit and share your photos with ease. Save US$30 and treasure your memories with Elements this season.
Offer ends December 28*, 2013*†.

l? rnet connection required. This product may integrate with or allow access to certain Adobe or third-party hosted online services (“Online Services”). Online Services are available only to users 13 and older and require agreement to additional terms of use and Adobe’s online privacy policy. Online Services are not available in all countries or languages, may require user registration, and may be discontinued or modified in whole or in part without notice. Additional fees or subscription charges may apply. With Adobe Revel™, not all Elements file formats are supported. During the first 30 days, users are granted unlimited uploads. After that, they will be able to upload up to 50 photos or videos each month for free. Exceeding that limit requires the purchase of a paid subscription, priced at US$5.99 per month or US$59.99 per year. For local pricing, visit your local Apple iTunes app store. For more details on pricing plans, visit Adobe Revel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about Photoshop but right now I'm using Lightroom 5.3, NX Capture 2, GIMP.

Ohh I'm excited I just found out I have 30 dollars credit at best buy..and light room is on sale there.

Skipping to best buy.. Got it. Lightroom 5 Used my rewards certificate ..1/2 price,yippee!

My eye brow is twitching figuring this stuff out.lol. Eye strain . It took me an hour to get a hold of adobe to give me my sn to my copy. Now on to tutorials.. LR

I downloaded the trial version of Lightroom5 and this video was recommended to me.
I haven't watched it all yet,but it looks like it's about my speed,maybe yours too.

It's very long and seems pretty basic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Lightroom for the more experienced/pro's out there?
Just got PSE 11 and am happy just to be learning some pp, and since I am a loooonnnng way from some of you, just curious as to your ratings of the products.
thank you all,
Nancy

Most reactions

Back