What to do with broken lens?

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have been holding onto a broken lens for awhile now and want to see if there is anything I can do with it.

It is a 17-55 Tamron 2.8 everything still works but the zoom is a getting stiff. Aperture and AF works well.

Was wondering if there were any creative uses I could explore. Believe I have seen articles where people made their own Lensbaby type tilt-shift lens. Any other options I could explore?

Maybe you could reverse-mount it on the front of a sturdy 135 or 200mm telephoto lens, to make a high-magnification macro set-up.

Hmm, I just got a 60mm Nikon Micro and have found Macro photography to be fun

So I could in theory find a 67mm to 77mm adapter and stick this thing on the front of my Tamron 70-200 for extreme close up stuff?

All the step down rings I have seen are one side Male and the other Female. For this I would be looking for something that is male on both ends right?

Thanks

Yeah...when a wide-angle is reverse mounted on the front of a telephoto, it creates a high-magnification system. And yes, you'd need a "lens reversing ring" which is a weird way of saying male on both ends!

Here is a 67-77mm, shown doing exactly what I mentioned, a lens-reverse mounted on another. This ring is under $5.

67mm 77mm 77mm 67mm Male to Male Coupling Macro Reverse Ring Adapte eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I know its a silly idea but how about sending it to Tamron so they will fix it ?

I know its a silly idea but how about sending it to Tamron so they will fix it ?

I never did contact Tamron myself but read around at other people mentioned it being like $250. I bought the lens for that amount. Not really worth it for me.

I have moved on to FX now and got their 24-70.

I never did contact Tamron myself but read around at other people mentioned it being like $250. I bought the lens for that amount. Not really worth it for me.

I have moved on to FX now and got their 24-70.
If you have a Tamron repair centre close to your home then its worth going and getting a quote. It might be worth fixing and selling it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back