what type of lense did this photographer use?

philsturr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi
i am new to this forum and i have began my interest in photography of humans.
i found these particular photos somewhat different from normal photos i take.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3343/photossct2.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7774/photoss2ko3.jpg

if you look carefully, the model's feet looks very closer to us in some of the pictures.
and the ground slightly curves around the model.
like as if there is an oval distortion in the photos.
i would like to know what kind of lense was used because i think it was all in the lense.

what kind of lense are these and what do you recommend for DSLR photography? i plan to buy an affordable DSLR and i would like a lense that takes pictures like these.

thanks in advance!

nothing to see at that link

u cant really get stuff low cost unless ur ok with worse quality i think. theres so many dslrs u can get i think u'll be better looking in the equipment forum and then after u decided what camera to get pick a compatible lens.
but i guess if u want something good ur unlikely to get it really cheap.

For a beginner DSLR the Canon Rebel XT/XTi are good.. And a decent Fisheye (the lens used in those photo's) run about 600 bucks..

So total for a Decent Fisheye set-up about 1100..

are you sure its a fisheye?
it looks a little less intense than fisheye.
i thought it was wide angle.

can you tell me which it is?
and more specifically, what kind of mm it is?

It's not a fisheye. Not a true one at least. It's most likely just very wide angle. I think that's 18mm or so on digital.

i agree with max, it looks like its probably just a wide lens, my alpha's stock lens goes down to 18 and it looks like its probably about that wide...

I agree with Max and Shorty. It is a wide angle lens but not the extreme of a fish eye.

However, my point is WHY would you want a wide angle lens to distort people photos? In shooting people, I have used wide angle to get the depth of field in low light BUT I carefully avoid distortion which is a weakness in photos of people.

skieur

Lens, not lense.

Certainly a wide angle, but nothing special.

If you want to see some amazing images where extreme wide angle is used very effectively, take a look at the work of Bill Brandt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back