What was the biggest upset of the Games?

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just saw that Japan has won softball gold over the US team that had been destroying their opponents including beating the Japanese twice before this game (out scoring their opponents 57-2).

It would be the same if somebody where able to win gold over a Chinese table tennis player or diver.

I just saw that Japan has won softball gold over the US team that had been destroying their opponents including beating the Japanese twice before this game (out scoring their opponents 57-2).

If I heard correctly, this is the last time softball will be in the Olympics anyway.

They say part of the reason for that is the Europian nations of the IOC didn't like US domination of the sport.

They say part of the reason for that is the Europian nations of the IOC didn't like US domination of the sport.

Possibly. I can think of a few other reasons, too.

That seems kind of hypocritical considering how many athletes come to the US to compete in collegiate sports. Its okay for them to compete with the use to get better, but not okay if the US ends up winning because of it... :?

No doubt The softball team. I'll say one of the biggest upsets of all time.

The biggest upset at the olympics, is when they are all over:(

Also, I was pretty upset that they didn't show any of the judo... I mean, come on - they show hours of boxing every day, they couldn't slip in some judo? Pffft...

USA Track relay race both men and women teams dropped the f*cking baton.

I would say Japan beating the US in softball is on par with the 1980 US hockey team beating the Soviets. Only surprise that could be bigger would be China admitting their gymnasts are under 16.....

I miss having cable when the olympics are on, because I don't have all those olympic channels to choose from.

This morning we were clearly robbed in the Tae Kwon Do or Judo or whatever it was I was watching where chinas champion recieved a blow to the head but we weren't awarded the 2 points that would have given us a chance. Even the judges contested it but it was still awarded to her.

What a fix.

Both baseball and softball or being drop from 2012 gmes supposedly because they are not universally supported sports and US donation in softball. Seems that beach volleyball is more universally supported.

Most reactions

Back