What was your first camera?

Mine was a 1966 Canon FT with a 50mm f/1.8. 100mm f/2.8 and a 70-300mm zoom f/4-6.5
Golden oldy. Works great to this day. Well he needs some loving and cleaning but I'm working on it. :)

first camera was an olympus sp-310. i was 13 or 14, youd think id be able to remember, it was only a couple of years ago haha

Some old Nikon with a huuuge lense (that could easily see down the street). Digital wise, kodak easyshare. I still haven't found the funds to get a DSLR but my P880 does the trick fine. :D

My first was the 120 tower my grandpa gave me whaen I was 9, it was made for Sears. The first 35 I got was another made for Sears a friend sold for $25, then my first brand spanking new 35 was the Pentax MX which I have somewhere in storage.

Olympus D-390

at the time, 2mp looked so much :meh:

My first camera was a Pentax ME Super, I still have it, it's right over there. The shutter is busted and the meter doesn't work but I'm not getting rid of that nostalgic little paperweight.

Then in high school I saved up and bought a Nikon N80 so I could shoot for the yearbook. I think I spent a few hundred, it's been 9 years, so i forget how much I paid. I still use it daily.

Then came the age of the DSLR, my first was a Nikon D70 bought in 2005 on the island of Guam. And last year I bought a Nikon D200 for $600 brand new.

I'm already eyeballing a D700 . . .

First cam i ever use, as far as i could remember was a yashica fx-3. My dads own. Still has it and working.

791579_04cbdc0369.jpg

First Digital was the Fujifilm Fine Pix A330. 3MP, 3x Zoom. Was a gift my dads office gave him. Still have it and working.

Fujifilm%20A330.jpg

Second Digital was the the Kodak EasyShare Z740. 5MP, 10x Zoom. Still have it and working.

kodak-easyshare-z740-review-1.jpg

Third Digital was a Fujifilm S1000fd. 10MP, 12x Zoom. My dad bought this camera for me December 2008. Sold it to upgrade.

fuji_finepix_s1000fd.jpeg

First camera and first dslr i bout for myself is my current Nikon D60 which i only got last week. Don't think i'll be trading this up for a while. Kinda broke. lol.

INKD60GK.jpg

I guess i have been through alot of cameras. lol.

What was your first camera and how old were you when you got it?

What was the first camera that you bought yourself?

I had a cheap bakelite Romanian made camera called Orizont (Horizon) for my first camera. It ran 120 size film, so I got right away into MF! :lol:

As for the first camera I bought, it was a 35mm Russian Zenit B, which I bought in Brno, former Czechoslovakia in 1973. That lasted until 1983, when it ceased to exist. I tried fixing it and was left with a whole bunch of parts which didn't fit anywhere. Ever since that 'fix' I got obsessed with repairing and restoring cameras.

A used Pentax K1000, with which I took about 10,000 shots a year for (technical photography, mostly in support of litigation) for many years. Since it was all-manual auto-nothing, it was a perfect for learning the mechanics of how to create photographs, and IMO the ideal type of camera for someone to "learn to drive" with.

Mine was a Fisher Price film camera when I was a little kid...Maybe around 8 or so. It was definitely a sweet camera! haha:lmao:
d4a7_1.JPG

My first camera was an HP digital camera that came with a printer that I got. I believe I was 11 or so. After that camera, my pops gave me old cameras of his and used those until this year.

Two months ago, I saved up some money and decided to buy a new camera. I checked around and ended up buying a Canon XTi with kit lens on ebay for $366 shipped. It's in great condition and I was surprised that I found it. So far this camera is great and I hope to pursue photography more.

I had an old Vivitar when I was about 10. I hardly took any pictures though because I never had money for developing. The first camera I bought was an Ansco. It was completely automatic but I liked that it wound the film when the roll was done so I didn't have to.

What was your first camera and how old were you when you got it?

My father's 1965 Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, which I received in 1983, then gave to my daughter when she turned 13.

What was the first camera that you bought yourself?

I bought myself a Nikon 2002 around about 1988 or so.

Bought a Canon AE-1 in High School when I was 16 in 1984. I just found it the other day at my mother's house.

Most reactions

Back