What won't you take photos of? Even if you were paid to do so...

Gay couples. not that I have anything against it I just won't shoot it

Thanks. Jack M'crystal Photography

wow, just wow

talk about cognitive dissonance.

to bring up a 6 month old thread just to say something that seems self-contradictory

wow again

As asinine as PP's post was, I won't lie... I'm curious as to his reasoning, which is probably completely asinine in itself, but my interest in piqued.

As asinine as PP's post was, I won't lie... I'm curious as to his reasoning, which is probably completely asinine in itself, but my interest in piqued.

Odd are it is being uncomfortable with ones own sexuality.

This thread was pushing the envelope 6 months ago, as Lew pointed out, so let's not try to entice anymore comments from those with opposing viewpoints, since that will only open the door to another brawl.

I think reading this stuff is enlightening enough about some of our members, in both positive and negative ways.

No popcorn smilie, I beg you all! ;)

I thought hard about taking pictures of gays and lesbians. It was hard for me to decide what I would do because that is not something that I support. Though If those of us who claim to be Christian deny them, what does that say about us as Christians? Love others as you love yourself.. That is what is written! And the greatest of these is Love.. So I would take the pictures. It may be a bit uncomfortable for me, but I will let them know ahead of time my beliefs so they can decide upon themselves to hire me. I am glad that came up, because I actually never thought of that happening!

This thread was pushing the envelope

I won't take photos of homosexual pugs with right leaning political views!

I won't shoot a wedding of any kind, gay or straight. I've shot one wedding in my life, and it went perfectly. I have a perfect record where that's concerned, and I have no desire to screw that up.

I have no problem with people who don't want to shoot gay weddings, for whatever reason. I may not understand the aversion, but my understanding of it doesn't matter. I have no problem with people who don't want to photograph weapons, for whatever reason. I don't understand it (after all, they're inanimtate objects), but my understanding doesn't matter in their decision.

Now, with all of that said, there's certainly a dollar amount which would get me to shoot a wedding. I don't know what that amount is, but I'll know it when I hear it.

Conversely, there's no amount of money, literally, which would compel me to shoot abuse on any level. I just would not do that. I can be as morally bankrupt as they get, but I do still have my standards...

I wouldn't take photos of people shooting up, cutting or generally being self destructive.

It might be a dramatic shot but f-em, if they want attention let them go to a shrink or detox like everybody else.

Weddings on the other hand are like video games, bring them on!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back