What would be really cool

Jason you raise an important point - it is hard to be able to tell a persons skill and understanding level by a photo alone and that can mean that you might get very short and simple replies in C&C because people are assuming that the photographer knows a lot more than they actually do based upon just the image presented.

Whilst in thebeginners section most people accept that a bit more description and elaboration is needed and indeed helpfull.

I tend to get around the above by giving more drawnout comments and more explination unless I know the photographer well enough to know that I don't need to.

I tend to get around the above by giving more drawnout comments and more explination unless I know the photographer well enough to know that I don't need to.

Another think to consider when you don't know the photog much is that you have no idea if the good images are accidents or the result of knowledge.

I was disappointed again in that way just recently. A first thread was full of very nice photos. The next one was quite bad...

I think what we do need is some way of easing the beginners out of the beginner section - I've always thought reverting back to allowing images in the beginners section would promote the galleries and the use of them a lot more.

Overread, I totally agree with getting into the galleries more. I find myself posting there more than here in the beginners section. I find the only problem is not nearly as many people post in these sections and C&C can be hard to come by sometimes.

I've limited myself to the beginners forum because I ran into too many issues on the other sections of "accidental" NSFW photographs being posted randomly before they were moved. Having several small children at home, I just don't like risking an image popping up that I don't want them to view.

That being said, I left TPF for a few weeks for that very reason, but really missed the discussion with other photographers and great advice, so I came back at least for the beginners forum.

I think too many people are hung up over a title. I believe this thread should be moved or locked imo.

Haven't really read through this thread so sorry if I missed something but to the OP how do you know about these "olden days" if you haven't even been a part of the community for a year? I'm just wondering how you figure none of this existed or it was the wild west. As far as I remember in November it was pretty calm around here.

The OP is an older member returned under a new name and account to the site ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back