What would you get?

steve817

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It seems when I have little or no disposable income, I find all kinds of gadgets that I want. Now that I do, I can't seem to make up my mind. Any ideas anyone? I have about $1700.00 US to play with and I'm a Canon shooter.

I don't have the best lenses so I was thnking about upgrading them. There are so many to choose from.

I know what I'd do!!! I'd wait for the 350d to come out in March, and get a 50mm F1.8 lens, and also whatever other lenses I could afford. Oh and memory card, remote control and whatever else I could blow the $$$ on!!! Good luck with your decision...that's a good amount to spare :) You could even get a 20d, but then wouldn't have as much for lenses.

What camera do you have? What types of things do you like to shoot?

You are right that there are so many to choose from, so help us narrow it down a bit ;)

I have an Elan 7E and a 10D I was looking at a couple of Sigma 2.8 lenses 28-70 and 70-200. Possibly a better tripod maybe.... a good macro lens. Or I thought about dumping it all on a 70-200 F2.8L IS

Canon 50mm 1.4 and 35mm 1.4L or 24mm 1.4L or 16-35 2.8L or 70-200 2.8L plus a couple of CF cards.

You're asking for advice for photographic equipment so I'm going to move this thread to the "Advice and Reviews on Equipment, Services, etc." forum. :)

Well so far I got a 70-200mm f/4.0 L and a 100mm f2.8 macro. I was looking at the 70-200 f2.8 but couldn't justify the cost of that extra 1/2 stop or whatever.

Most reactions

Back