What's next on your life's "To Do" list?

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been kind of quiet around here lately, thought I would start a new topic :)

A lot of us are working toward something, a goal or a dream, etc. Thought it would be fun to share those, and maybe offer some encouragement to our fellow TPF members!

Short range plans: Up next in my life.....*points to ticker in sig*....college graduation in December. Tonight is the start of my last set of classes. I started college back in 1997 and have gone year round since 2001. Soon after graduation (about two weeks later) will be the birth of our daughter.

Mid-Range: In the next year or so I would like to beef up marketing for the photo business and maybe attend some wedding fairs, etc. I also plan on taking the next set of classes for my industry designation (I work full time in the finance field).

Long range: We're finally able to set aside some money in a savings account that we would like to use to buy a bigger house in the next few years. In a dream world it will have an attached studio that we can use for the business. We'd like to buy a big old farm house and fix it up. We've been doing changes in our current place and find that we work well together on home repairs...i.e. Aubrey does the work and I say "Great job, honey!" Depending on the size of the house we'll probably have a few more children as well ;)

Next...?

JonMikal said:
...and HOUSE reappears tonight too :(

Thank you oh so much for rubbing that in :evil: At least classes end Dec 22nd and I can watch the second half of the season! :mrgreen:

Good thread! ...though I don't really know how to answer exactly, as it seems everything for me is up in the air. I want to get a bit more equipment (such as a decent flash) to aid in doing portraits, so I too can begin doing some advertising and actually making some money. I also need to find me some more child subjects to practice on, as I definately need practice. As for living arrangements/ carreer advancement...I have no idea. Right now I live in my own (very large) apartment, and my boyfriend stays with me most of the time. However, after he gets done with Colllege (next december) I have no idea where things will go...neigther does he. So...IF we're together in a year, I may be moving in with him, or we may be moving somewhere else where he can get a decent job in his career field...if that is not the case, I think I'll just stay right where I am, and start dumping money in a bank account so I can someday afford a house on my own (sorta doin that now anyway). Um...yeah...I lead a boring life, so that's about it.

Short range plans....get through the last few years of full time work in the rat race. That's for both of us.

Mid-range plans....see how the chips really fall in the short range plans ;) and what we'll be doing for the part time jobbie-jobs that will help buy more photo gear and wine. Travel about some. Think about where we'll live next, while preparing to put our current house on the market. Spend more time on photography (which for us entails a lot of work).

Long term plans....be in said next home, wherever that might be. Continuing our travels and photography, working in some other jobbie-jobs. Oh, and drinking wines from the cellar that we can't touch right now. :thumbup:

terri said:
and what we'll be doing for the part time jobbie-jobs that will help buy more photo gear and wine.

i know lots of people, whom after retiring, return to the same employer part-time; generally making as good or better $. possibility?

Short term: gonna leave the IT job I'm currently employed (half time) to make the other job full time (High energy physics experiment)...

Mid-term: get my PhD and find some new particle and get a Noble Prize ... ok, lol, just kiddin, even if we find something new it'll be the spokes person who get's the prize for the whole experiment (some 2000 researchers)

Long-term: have kids :) I'm already married, have a wonderful house, 3 dogs and 2 rabbits so all that's missing is kids :)

JonMikal said:
i know lots of people, whom after retiring, return to the same employer part-time; generally making as good or better $. possibility?
All I know is I'll want nothing to do with the medical field. ;) I could sell underwear at a discount store and be happy, as long as I'm tossed a few quarters. I know a medical consultant who wants me to become a medical consultant "on the side", but I just have so little interest anymore.

And Brad just wants to work in wine retail so he can get a discount on the good stuff that comes in. :lol: He couldn't care less if he's stacking boxes of white zin all day.

We're pretty simple minded folk, no doubt.

Short term for me is be DONE with this immigration stuff, its too stressfull, survive thanksgiving with the 'in laws' and have a peaceful christmas. Edit: Almost forgot about building a wall for the darkroom in the basement, I guess you can see how high on the priority list thats been :roll:

Mid term, survive (and learn from) the 4 weddings I have booked for next year. Im nervous already, as the clients are rich, and were referred to me from someone I shot the 4th of July weekend for. Sometime in there were heading to Canuck land to see if we want to move or not, I guess that all depends on my other half and whether or not he wants this job he has or not.

Long term is the icing on the cake for me. Move home to New Zealand, my dad owns the house right next door to the one he lives in, and likes to remind me that "when were ready theres always a place for you." I guess the natural progression from there would be kids :lol: but it would be nice to be home with my family. Its in the cards... eventually.

And eat drink and be merry along the way :D.

Short term......Get through this semester and pay some bills off.

Mid term...... I am dumping my technical business degree and going back to school for a Fine Arts degree. Major in scupture and minor in photography.

Long term.....Take over the fine arts program at the college I work at, then become supreme ruler of thy college campus. :)

Oh...I forgot...I have some big photography projects I'm mulling over (trying to figure out exactly how to do it, and if it will sell) that I plan to begin researching and doing over the next year.

Short term - Earn some money to buy more photo equipment to get a little more serious at it. Maybe get myself a course in photography or something.

Mid term - Finish school and getting into an education for Industrial product design. Really hope I'll make that. I've always wanted to become a car designer, and have always been interested in design and stuff. But figured that car designer little too specified to totally focus on, so I'm going for product design.

Long term - after bachelor degree in product design, I would love to do my master in America. Move there, get myself a little apartment, and hopefully study at the academy of art university in San Fransisco. Wild dream, I know.. and far far ahead of me. But hopefully one day... I saw that AAU also offered photography courses that you could pick up as a minor along the way, that would also be great.

short term - I should start lerning tomy exam in maths!!! it's next week and I'm doing nothing exceptsearching TPF for MD and looking at Vicky's pictures in Snapshots!!!! damn!!!!! you are taking the big part of my life :p:p:p:p:p

but seriously... short term - pass all the exams and get the schoolarship for good students... then I wouldn't have to worry about cash at all... ok now I don't have to, but youknow,I don't like taking money from parents on everything I need. and here, studying in daily rutine and working is very very hard, because noone wants to employ students for a couple of hours in a week. damn... then I'll be able to buy 350d...

long term - move out, graduate (hopefully in 5 years.... ) and get a job in tv...

Short-Term: Car Rego/CTP *groans* finalise all that crap then move on and get the Christmas shopping outta the way.

Mid-Term: Finish building my Digital Camera arsenal - Lenses, Speedlite, Battery Grip, etc.... FULL TIME JOB!!!

Long-Term: Leave home, buy a house and marry my g/f - 2 kids and no more. :)

Short Term - Midterm : Start volunteer work. Hopefully at a hospital.

Mid Term - Get AAA in my A levels thus getting into medical school (if I get an offer that is)

Longterm Become a Doctor and be succesful at it whilst keepig up my interest in photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back