What's yer flavor?

What's yer flavor?

• Total voters
My ad work consists of interiors and product shots with the ocassional portrait thrown in.
My personal work seems to be leaning toward Industrial Object D' Art. Pipe graveyards, old tractors and things of the like.

I must say that 90% of my work (ad and personal) is digital although I do love breaking out the Velvia. ISO 50 of course. Digi will need some more time to catch up to the slower transparency films. The convience of digital is tough to beat. People should be leary of tossing out those out takes. 10 years from now you are going to wish that you kept them. As was alredy mentioned there is alot to be said about the anticipation of picking up your film from the lab.

I currently shoot with a Nikon D1. Currently collecting dust are various old Nikons, an Ikoflex TLR and a Calumet 4x5 with a beautiful Schneider 210 lens.

craig said:
The convience of digital is tough to beat. People should be leary of tossing out those out takes. 10 years from now you are going to wish that you kept them.

I saw a documentary on TV where they were talking about digital photography's affect on history. They spoke with the photojournalist who had the photo of Pres. Clinton hugging Monica at some big public event about a year before anyone knew who Monica was. The photographer commented that there were several dozen other photographers standing all around him. All of them were firing away, and some of them must have taken almost the same shot as he did. But they were all using digital, and he was using film. When they saw a photo of the Pres. hugging an unknown person, they deleted the file to save HD space. He put his negs away in his files. A year later when the scandal broke, he ended up being the only one with the photo.

Another interesting issue is the fact that some people never even print their photos. Personally that idea scares me to death (maybe a little dramatic?). Post a web page and all your freinds can view your work from all over the globe. A little more convinient than sending a print?
My recent work may never get beyond the quality of my 400 dollar printer. As you know the results are pretty good. My recent work deserves more than that. :?: Years ago it was all the print for me. Am I really willing to never see a C print again?

I shot mostly landscapes and sports (collage baseball).

Use to shoot a lot of architecture, but gave it up, did not like the result I was getting. Have seen a lot of architecture detail on TPF and it has inspired me to try again on my last vacation. Now if I could get inspire to develop the film.

I have always love Abstracts, but have never really tried to do any. The good ones to me seen to be technically correct. And that just to must work for me.

I only shoot film right now, but would not be against digital if a rich relative wanted to drop a digi in my lap :wink: .

Most of my pics are of my two boys, 3 years and 5 weeks old, respectively, and anything else that catches my eye, which has been a very eclectic mixture as of late. My wife will look at my newest batch of photos and just shake her head! :lol:

If money were no object, I'd have a Hasselblad H1 with both film back and the new Kodak 15MP back, and a Canon EOS-1V HS with some "L" series lenses.

Silver is the best! I will shoot film till the day i day, (or my hands are tragically ripped off in a freak accident). But i am not opposed to using a digital as well. The anticipation as your agitating your negatives is really exciting, as well as when you print that contact sheet and really see what you got. Sure you may miss stuff, but it does make you really think about the important things in photography, i.e. the quality/beauty of the light, composition. etc.

At this point i am a sponge, soaking up whatever i can in terms of topics. I want to shoot more portraits, maybe even some nudes, I am told that is the best way to learn how to manipulate light to acheive a beautiful result.

I also love architectual and landscape photography. Macro is fun as well.

I use a Canon Elan 7e, i would like to check out a 10D as well, but i start salivating when i think of Medium format, i wanna get a Mamiya 645 AF, or maybe a Pentax 67

What gear are you currently using the most?

What are you shooting with it?

If money was no object what gear would you be using?

Hmm... So many choices, so few words!

Gear: 35mm-Pentax Z series AF (2 bodies+lenses)
-Canon AE1
-Canon SBIV (rangefinder for quiet situations)

APS -Canon Elph

Med. Format-Hasselblad 500ELM (with 80&250 Lenses)
-Koni Omega (for 6x7)(with 58&90 Lenses)

Large Format-Speed Graphic (with 3 lenses)

What: Mostly nature, some abstract

$$$ Perhaps a digital back for the Hasselblad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back