When setting custom WB

Thanks guys and yes I always shoot RAW. Its a lot easier to WB that in the end straight from camera RAW

There actually is some in-camera modification that happens even in RAW. I don't know about Nikon cameras, but in Canon it is recommended that you use custom WB rather than AWB when you are shooting at high ISO. I tried it and you CAN see the difference.

It's better to set the WB in camera than to try and fix it in post. It's one thing to have to warm it up or cool it down to taste in post, it's something else altogether to have to adjust temp and tint in post with no reference to fall back on. This will also ensure that your white balance is the same across multiple light sources for the same subject so that when you process your colors will match.

There actually is some in-camera modification that happens even in RAW. I don't know about Nikon cameras, but in Canon it is recommended that you use custom WB rather than AWB when you are shooting at high ISO. I tried it and you CAN see the difference.

Yes, also if you don't already, turn the Noise Reduction on the camera itself and it'll help ALOT when you do PP.

Most reactions

Back