when to exercise

The process that was recommended to me, and that I currently use, is a quick system burst of whey protein, Lucine and glutamine. The shake I take also has an amino acceleration system which is basically comprised of enzymes designed to allow your body to take the amino acids from your stomach to your muscles in as little time as possible.
The only probably with something like a meal after a workout is it takes longer then ideal to digest it and get that protein into your system. An egg for example, takes 45mins to be digested. You body goes catabolic during a workout, and to minimize those effects it's ideal to get nutrients to the muscles asap.

I take creatine pre-workout and during the workout, followed by a protein shake post-workout. The eggs are my 4th/5th meal of the day (I work out at 10PM after work).

I use "ON Gold Standard" whey protein. I have tried about a dozen brands and it's by far the best tasting/working.

Is it better to exercise before eating, when you have an empty belly, or after eating, when you have a better chance of working off the meal?

I read from another forum that it is better to exercise before eating. I can't really remember the exact logic but I guess to really burn off the excess fat compared to exercise after meal..

The process that was recommended to me, and that I currently use, is a quick system burst of whey protein, Lucine and glutamine. The shake I take also has an amino acceleration system which is basically comprised of enzymes designed to allow your body to take the amino acids from your stomach to your muscles in as little time as possible.
The only probably with something like a meal after a workout is it takes longer then ideal to digest it and get that protein into your system. An egg for example, takes 45mins to be digested. You body goes catabolic during a workout, and to minimize those effects it's ideal to get nutrients to the muscles asap.

I take creatine pre-workout and during the workout, followed by a protein shake post-workout. The eggs are my 4th/5th meal of the day (I work out at 10PM after work).

I use "ON Gold Standard" whey protein. I have tried about a dozen brands and it's by far the best tasting/working.

I do Kaisen Whey Protein after work out and then I eat breakfast within an hour. I still need to have a small 100g yogurt around 515am otherwise I get nauseous while working out. But I work out at 6 so maybe its because I havent eaten since 9 the night before. Not sure. Thats just what works for me.

Josh how do you sleep lol. If I worked out at 10pm my body would be rev'd for hours. What type of creatine you taking. Liquid, serum, effervescent? Curious if you think it helps. I have been on the fence with it.

I do Kaisen Whey Protein after work out and then I eat breakfast within an hour. I still need to have a small 100g yogurt around 515am otherwise I get nauseous while working out. But I work out at 6 so maybe its because I havent eaten since 9 the night before. Not sure. Thats just what works for me.

You know that Casein protein is slow digesting and takes hours to be absorbed? Moat people take that before bed so their body doesn't go catabolic during the night.

Josh how do you sleep lol. If I worked out at 10pm my body would be rev'd for hours. What type of creatine you taking. Liquid, serum, effervescent? Curious if you think it helps. I have been on the fence with it.

Depends what you are trying to do. I wouldn't take it unless you are trying to build muscle. If that's your goal, then yes, creatine is absolutely required. You get it naturally in food so taking a supplement for it is like taking protein.

You want to cycle it so your body doesn't develop a tolerance to it. 4-6 weeks on, and 2-4 weeks off. Then repeat.

You know that Casein protein is slow digesting and takes hours to be absorbed? Moat people take that before bed so their body doesn't go catabolic during the night.

Depends what you are trying to do. I wouldn't take it unless you are trying to build muscle. If that's your goal, then yes, creatine is absolutely required. You get it naturally in food so taking a supplement for it is like taking protein.

You want to cycle it so your body doesn't develop a tolerance to it. 4-6 weeks on, and 2-4 weeks off. Then repeat.

Its not a Casein protein, its company is called Kaizen Canada its a whey protein isolate. Fast absorbing. Lol you freaked me out I had to call the company. Its just their name lol.

Its not a Casein protein, its company is called Kaizen Canada its a whey protein isolate. Fast absorbing. Lol you freaked me out I had to call the company. Its just their name lol.

Ohh ok, I have never heard of that brand before. I thought you just misspelt Casein. :lol:

Wouldn't all the suplements not be necessary with the proper diet?

I am not talking about body builders.

I was heavy on the work out regimen for years, with all the fixins

I no longer do the serious workouts or any supplements, but I eat mostly fresh foods and watch my intake. I work hard and I am lucky there are good 'genes' in the blood. I feel great too.

A lot of people say I am lucky...maybe I am. But I do watch what I eat.

Well that is a correct statement but Im in a 8 week competition at local gym and am trying to put on muscle as well as get rid of my last 10 pounds. So I need to add fuel. Im a clean eater most times anyways.

Haha Josh sorry but you had me going and then I thought about. :sexywink:

Wouldn't all the suplements not be necessary with the proper diet?

I am not talking about body builders.

I was heavy on the work out regimen for years, with all the fixins

I no longer do the serious workouts or any supplements, but I eat mostly fresh foods and watch my intake. I work hard and I am lucky there are good 'genes' in the blood. I feel great too.

A lot of people say I am lucky...maybe I am. But I do watch what I eat.

You can't get enough creatine out of your diet to make a supplement anywhere near obsolete. Creatine is as essential as taking vitamins. As far as protein, it depends on how much you need. For someone like me who needs 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight each day, the protein shakes help fulfill that quota. Most people don't have time to snack on almonds and chicken breast all day long. You also need faster absorbing sources like whey rather than through lean proteins via a meal. Your body will have already passed it's crucial absorption stage by the time you are working on a meal.

Most reactions

Back