where do you find them?

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Your place to shoot, I feel like since i have grown up here alot that i dont know any place to shoot at, I have done all the parks, the usual places... but what catches your eye and what makes you pick a place to use it as a on -location shoot?

&& where do you find your models? I have had a few clients, people i know through others who are willing to let a newbie photograph for them, and friends and co-workers are more than happy tp help, but you cant build a portfolio on the same people over and over, so where do you find your people?

Ask random people on the street if they can spare a minute. Or even if they'll join you for a few hours in exchange for a CD of your work or something like that. As for a location, I don't know. I find places at random when driving past.

give them a business card. and ask them to ring if they fancy some free pics in exchange that you can use them in your portfolio.

but i know what you mean about them thinking you are a weirdo.

and also

be very careful about going to remote places with people you dont know take a friend or partner as well.

cause there are a lot of weirdos out there.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH STRANGERS

god i sound like my mum 30 years ago:D

give them a business card. and ask them to ring if they fancy some free pics in exchange that you can use them in your portfolio.

but i know what you mean about them thinking you are a weirdo.

and also

be very careful about going to remote places with people you dont know take a friend or partner as well.

cause there are a lot of weirdos out there.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH STRANGERS

god i sound like my mum 30 years ago:D

May I add, tell the potential model to bring a friend along for security if they hesitate. They might be thinking exactly what you wrote.

I find new places to shoot by getting in the car and driving, with no destination in mind. Sometimes I get ideas, sometimes I see places off the road, sometimes I think of a place. Back roads are fun.

Alternate plan. Think of places you know and plan what you might like to shoot. Run through the ideas in your head, think of the time of day and lighting. Make a mental plan and then go. There's nothing that says you have to stick to the plan, but at least you have a goal in mind, instead of wandering aimlessly, which I admit I just suggested, right above this. :lol:

Most reactions

Back