Where do you go for highest quality prints?

Phot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went to Office Depot and had some pictures printed off, and though it seemed to be easier, it wasn't higher quality than my printer, which is only so, so.... The picture looks several degrees less quality than my photo. I have seen high quality print jobs on walls in various places, where would I go if I wanted something high quality?

To an actual photo lab... not an office supply store. :greenpbl:

I've used WHCC (Decent enough IMO), ProDPI (better than WHCC IMO), tested Mpix and Mpix Pro (hated them, but some people love them), and am now using and in TOTAL LOVE with Miller's (which is ironic, because I'm 99.9% sure they own Mpix Pro, and yet the prints I get from Millers are 1,000 times better... I even compared... side by side with the test prints I had done from Mpix).

To an actual photo lab... not an office supply store. :greenpbl:

I've used WHCC (Decent enough IMO), ProDPI (better than WHCC IMO), tested Mpix and Mpix Pro (hated them, but some people love them), and am now using and in TOTAL LOVE with Miller's (which is ironic, because I'm 99.9% sure they own Mpix Pro, and yet the prints I get from Millers are 1,000 times better... I even compared... side by side with the test prints I had done from Mpix).

Why is the Like button so well hidden on the forums. I need to complain this.............

Yep. Millers, MpixPro, and Mpix are all the same company.

Mpix is for consumers.
MpixPro is for pros but offers some different products, pricing, and shipping options.
Miller's Professional Imaging is the top of the line, and the largest pro lab in the US.

For what it's worth, a couple of years ago Mpix operations were moved from where Miller's had started - Pittsburg, Kansas - to Columbia Missouri.
As a result there were some changes to the personnel that managed Mpix operations.
About Mpix : Mpix

For various types of products I have used all 3 of Miller's web sites, WHCC, Bay Photo, Nations Photo Lab, H&H Color lab, and several others like shortrunposters.com

Non of those places want to do my prints, except for Mpix. Can anyone give me a comparison between Mpix and say WalGreens or WalMart?

Mpix - about as good a consumer print lab as there is.
Mpix ships even their largest prints flat inside a cardboard box, between flat cardboard, inside a sealed plastic bag. No tubes.

Walgreens/Walmart - It depends very much on how competent the person is that is running the print machine, so it can vary a lot from store to store.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back