Where/How do you devellope your pics?

photomike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi , i'm pretty new at photography, been shooting for only about 4-5 months. My question is where do you print your images? I've been using the darkroom at my school for all my prints but the term is ending and I wont be allowed to use the darkroom/equipment at my school.

Thanks
-mike

I am now doing it at home, I am in process of putting a darkroom in the basement. Last summer I was a member at a rental darkroom here in town. it was $100 a month for unlimited access. That included all chemistry, so it was a great deal for me. You could also go for $8 an hour, or $6 for students, if you didn't have as much to do. Maybe you could see if there are any rental facilities in your area. It's also pretty easy to develop at home, it's just the printing that becomes more difficult and space consuming.

I invested 200 dollars at fleamarkets, ebay, and walmart and devlop and print in my very tiny bathroom. Oh yeah, my wife makes funny noises when she has to use the restroom and I wont let her in, but anything for my art.

I shoot mostly color print film. It's been my understanding that it's pretty expensive to do yourself, so I have it done at the in shop lab at my local camera store. I pay more for the processing but the results so far have been worth it.

Around here the local art center offers an "open darkroom" class. $60 allows access to their darkroom and basic chems for 10 weeks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back