Where in the world would you go to photograph?

From your list I'd go for whatever place(s) interest you. I've never been to South/Central America, nor Africa - but anywhere in Asia or Europe you'll get great shots. I spent around 4 years travelling through Europe/US/Canada and Asia some years ago, and even with my little Pentax (can't remember the model it was years ago) - I got some absolutely aweseome photos.

Asia - temples, beaches, jungles, animals (tigers, elephants etc), rivers. If you go South East (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos etc) the countries are reasonable close to each other and not hard to get visas and cheap flights/bus/train rides. Places like the Mekong river (Thai, Laos, Vietnam), Kanchanaburi (Thailand - Burma Railway from WWII), historic temples like the Angkor Wat in Cambodia...

Europe - again a lot of countries in close proximity to each other, and at least in Western Europe no visas are required (check in advance though). Don't discount Eastern Europe (check visas though, but they are easy to get). I got some awesome photos of architecture, buildings, people, battle scenes from WWII, old towns/villages, scenery/landscapes etc in the Czech Rep, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Scandinavia and Russia. East very cheap to travel through as well.

Enjoy!

Everywhere. But on top of that I would like to go to Brasil and China. This is actually the reason why I started taking Portuguese and Chinese lessons. Let's see now how everything turns out in a few years...

TOUGH CHOICE.....I'm sure my list would go on forever...but a few places:

Hawaiian Islands
New Zealand
Italy
London
Belize
Japan
Canada
Greece
Iceland
Greenland
Madagascar (Lemurs)
Fiji
Most of the United States

Ah.....sure I've left off quite a few.

I'm really considering Iceland. I've always wanted to go, and I've just recently been looking through travel journals (pictorial ones), and some of the landscape scenes there, particularly in the summer are simply spectacular! They've also got some amazing waterfalls. And It's not as gear-intensive to shoot beautiful landscapes as it is to shoot wildlife. So, I'm really considering going to Iceland first, then someplace focusing on the wildlife. Once I've built up my lens lineup to suit. Besides, I've always been fascinated with Iceland, as I stated earlier. :)

Mark

I live in CA so I want to go to death valley for STARRRRSSSS!!! yeah... I'm a student so I don't have too much time to go anywhere far...

Ireland - Great landscape shots as well as old architecture. Also, it is a quick (but international) flight over to Scotland. Although, I would come back with a bigger belly and a photo tour of every brewery in Ireland and Scotland.

I live in CA so I want to go to death valley for STARRRRSSSS!!! yeah... I'm a student so I don't have too much time to go anywhere far...

I'm "hoping" to shoot Death Valley this winter, possibly around New Year's Eve weekend...

Any island created by volcanic activity is a great choice. :D
Iceland
New Zealand (not sure whether volcanic but probably)
The Canaries island (rich bird life) (AMAZING landscapes within short driving distance)

If i could invest money in a photography trip, it would probably be a safari in africa/south america or something similar. I am fascinated by animals.

My thoughts exactly, but I don't have the money to get the good lenses I want for wildlife. And I wouldn't be satisfied rummaging about in the jungle with a 80-200/2.8D. Besides, my stay would be kind of extended. 2 months, minimum.

Mark

You say you CAN pick up to three places, but you don't say if you are GOING to pick that many. I'd just try to make them as different as possible. Iceland, New Zealand and Madagascar might be a nice mix. Or maybe Iceland, Madagascar and Rome.
Now, me, I'd pick Ireland and Australia, and maybe Brazil...just because those are places to visit that are on my bucket list.

For me, based on your list I would be trying to decide between New Zealand and Ireland. Something like this is such a personal decision though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back