Where to ask a question

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Moglex, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Moglex

Moglex TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Where would you ask a question about a piece of equipment (camera) that isn't actually anything to do with photography per se?

It doesn't seem to belong in "Equipment News and Reviews" but I can't see anywhere else it might fit.

Seems odd that there isn't a forum for "Equipment questions" (but everybody seems to be managing quite nicely without one :) ).

2. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The forums have chopped and changed a bit over the last 6 months, but believe it or not, "Equipment News and Reviews" is probably the one you want. Must admit that I'm curious about the idea of a camera that isn't for photography, but I never knew much about anything anyway.

3. Moglex

Moglex TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, Chris.

It isn't that the camera isn't for photography (but: Camera Obscura :)), it's just a niggling question about the weird rubber door protecting the interface plugs on a Canon 350D so it's a photographic camera but the question has nothing whatever to do with photography.

4. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Oh well, that's fair game for that section, it's an equipment question. Turns out I answered that one too, not realising the two threads were connected.