Where to buy Lightroom 5 stand alone

bbbflash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pohlerphotography.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If there are any aussie's here I would appreciate some insight as to where to buy Lightroom 5 as a stand alone package. I don't want to subscribe to CC and if it becomes any harder, I will just get aperture. Thanks for any advice.

So I can find it at a few places, office works and eBay, after searching around, it appears that one of the issues with my CS5 not reading my files is the CR2 format that my 70D creates. My cs5 won't read that file type and when I try to update my camera raw from adobe, it is telling me that I am as up to date as possible and if I want to update further, I have to go to CC which I do not want to do. I am searching around to see if anyone knows if I buy lightroom 5 as a stand alone software, will it work with my 70d and the cr2 files? Will it update my my adobe suite so that I can further us PS if I need to? Thanks for all the help.

So I can find it at a few places, office works and eBay, after searching around, it appears that one of the issues with my CS5 not reading my files is the CR2 format that my 70D creates. My cs5 won't read that file type and when I try to update my camera raw from adobe, it is telling me that I am as up to date as possible and if I want to update further, I have to go to CC which I do not want to do. I am searching around to see if anyone knows if I buy lightroom 5 as a stand alone software, will it work with my 70d and the cr2 files? Will it update my my adobe suite so that I can further us PS if I need to? Thanks for all the help.

I know we all have our reasons for doing or not doing things but I don't understand not wanting to do the cc. The cost is stretched out over a period but works out to be about the same and you get to keep the most current version of lr and cc without having to pay an upgrade fee.

As a work-around for the incompatibility with the CR2, does the Canon software (that came with the camera) read and convert them to TIFF? ViewNX, which came with my Nikon will allow me to save my raw files as TIFF, which load into LR3 with no problems.

You can download the Adobe DNG Converter and it will convert you CR2 files to DNG which photoshop and Lightroom cs5 can read. However, LIghtroom CC has no problem reading CR2 for the 70D. I use a 70D and CC.

Most reactions

Back