Where to go from Nikon D7200?

See no reason to upgrade to full frame so soon but if you must then either the Nikon D610 or Nikon D750
Only Canon full frame that is close to same sensor technology to these 2 cameras is the Canon 5D IV and its much more expensive.
There are amazing deals on Nikon full frame cameras, I have seen the D750 go for as low as 1500$ and its an amazing camera!!!

Frankly, your current style can be handled very nicely by your cell phone.
I've been working with my cell phone for 3 years now - I'm not complaining but it's time I catch darker images and go for a higher quality outcome. Although my iPhone is fixed at 29-30mm, I've been doing quite some work with it and now I need wide and ultra wide. I actually bought the olloclip for it but it makes the 'added' angle look soft and just not professional at all.

Well now you have, I am a professional real estate photographer that uses the D7200, nice to meet you.

Great work, Parker! What lens do you use? I've heard great stuff about the Tokina 11-16 and I'm considering it currently.

D7200 reprogram video bUtton to ISO
Thanks a lot!

Did I upgrade to "full frame?" No I upgraded to mirrorless with an APS-C sensor.
See no reason to upgrade to full frame so soon
Wow, thanks! Never thought of this perspective. Thanks everyone!

Did I upgrade to "full frame?" No I upgraded to mirrorless with an APS-C sensor.
That's an interesting debate, moving from DSLR to Mirrorless, is that a change, a move or upgrade.
For me owning both systems and already moved from one mirrorless system to another I find its a change but not an upgrade.
I find each system has its pro and con so I personally find it hard to say moving from DSLR to mirrorles is an upgrade but of course this is totally just my view.
I still find the AF on mirrlress not at same level as DSLR and for a guy who uses his equipment in variable lighting conditions I find DSLR has advantage there thus the lack of acceptance to call it an upgrade and more a move.
I know you wanted a smaller package and you got that so it might be for you this really is an upgrade since now you can carry your set up with you and do what you love with it :)

I recall another thread where someone went from a really old DSLR to a new model Mirrorless. They were ecstatic with all the new features, etc. Probably would have really liked a *new* DSLR too. So an "upgrade" may be related to an actual "upgrade" in technology. Whereas Goodguy added a mirrorless at the same tech level .. so he just added/moved in another platform.

what is this mystique about FF cameras? What is it you think a FF can do that you can't do with a DX?

FINE photos, Parker219. Look what that D7200 can do! No...wait...it's not just the camera, it's the person behind it!

Thank You.

Just like everyone else in this thread, I want to see a photo the OP has taken with his d7200 where having a full frame camera would have made better.

I would bet Parker219 could have created equal images with even an old D90 or even a D80!

I recall another thread where someone went from a really old DSLR to a new model Mirrorless. They were ecstatic with all the new features, etc. Probably would have really liked a *new* DSLR too. So an "upgrade" may be related to an actual "upgrade" in technology.

could be me, I went from using a seven year old DSLR to a new mirrorless camera and I'm 'ecstatic' with the features. But the real draw was the smaller size and weight the fact that mirrorless can still use the large DSLR lens.
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Could be. I was going to mention the miniscule size of the D5500 camera. Really small even though still have a mirror box and AF sensor on the bottom and metering on the top with the OVF. I think Nikon could make that into a mirrorless camera really easily with the right multi-dohickie sensor and keep the mount the same to use the same F-mount lenses. But the extra thinness of mirrorless is nice too.

I looked at FujiFilm back before I bought my D7000. Still look at it from time to time. I nearly bought the D5600 over the D500 due to it's small size and weight comparatively.

That's an interesting debate, moving from DSLR to Mirrorless, is that a change, a move or upgrade.
For me owning both systems and already moved from one mirrorless system to another I find its a change but not an upgrade.
I find each system has its pro and con so I personally find it hard to say moving from DSLR to mirrorles is an upgrade but of course this is totally just my view.
I still find the AF on mirrlress not at same level as DSLR and for a guy who uses his equipment in variable lighting conditions I find DSLR has advantage there thus the lack of acceptance to call it an upgrade and more a move.
I know you wanted a smaller package and you got that so it might be for you this really is an upgrade since now you can carry your set up with you and do what you love with it :)

For me it is an upgrade. The mirrorless is so much smaller and lighter. I'm old and got tired of hauling all that stuff around. Also it has a sensor that doesn't require an anti aliasing filter. Really crisp images. AF is not terribly important to me let alone AF that needs to be faster than 1/4 second. So upgrade for me for sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back