Where to sell Nikon F gear?

pcsoft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a collection of vintage Nikon F equipment I am planning to sell. There are 2 cameras with working meters (FTN), 11 lenses, and miscellaneous items such as filters, cases, rings, etc., all in excellent condition. I bought most of this equipment when I was in Japan in the '70s. I am wondering: where would be the best place to sell this equipment? (I am new to the Forum, and I see there is a classified section, but I also sell on eBay.) Also, it is better to sell each item individually or as a package? Thanks for your help, Thomas

I too have a "collection" of older Nikon F stuff. First, I would keep it, but thats me. But if you feel you must sell, I would sell each piece individually. Even down to the filters and lens hoods. If you include them with a lens, it won't sell for any more, but seperatly they might bring
$10 to $50 more. Especialy for some of the more obscure lens hoods that collectors want. To be honest, old film cameras don't bring much unless they are rare. For example I bought a mint 1968ish Photomic FTN for $75 on ebay, then saw the same camera in about the same condition in a local shop for $90. Too cheap. Glass seems to bring more realistic prices, but nowhere near what they are worth. So, for what you are likely to get for them, I'd keep 'em.

OK, thanks for the advice. I decided to sell the equpment. I am planning to list the stuff on eBay. However, I will type in a short list in this forum's classified section. (Apparently as a newbie I cannot insert attachments, and I do not have time to type in a detailed list of three cameras, 10 lenses and numerous accessories.) If anyone is interested, they can send me a PM or email. I would prefer to sell it all at once, however, I would look at offers on specific items.
Thanks for your help. --Thomas

Most reactions

New Topics

Back