Where to send negative for an enlargement

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by Brutus Hedgeapple, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    So I finally found a lost negative of a pic I took over Puget Sound about twenty years ago. My wife took it to our local drugstore for an enlargement and they just transferred it to digital and printed it out and it looks aweful. They didn't clean the neg and left a bloth right on the pic.

Where can I send it for enlargement where they will actually print it on photo paper and do a pro job on it?

Thanks, :hail: Brutus
  2. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    I'd ask them if they know of a place nearby that does professional work and optical enlargements. For me, that means taking my negative or slide to my local lab and they mail it to a bigger city where the print is made. Then it comes back to them. Takes about a week.
  3. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Thanks but being I left that place with both me and the picture dude pi$$ed, I'm gonna have to find a place on my own.
  4. yellowjeep

yellowjeep New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    If the negative is in bad shape (more than just dust) it may need to be digitized to be retouched. There are alot photo labs that will do this for you.

If you send me a private message I will give you my email, and you can send me the scan they gave you. I will see what I can do with it in photoshop. If more needs to be done we can discuss that as well.

Send me a private message and we can talk about it.