Which camera and lens to buy?

The D7200 was heavy, complex, and kinda intimidating with so many dials and buttons.

I found a bunch of new D5500s on ebay for in the $750-800 range and was wondering if I should trust ebay for something like this? The 18-140 lens was also selling new for $260 instead of $500.

Stay away or good deals?
Ok, then D5600 or D5500 it is. Still a good camera. Nothing wrong with choosing it if you feel better with it.

Be careful with ebay. Those are not good prices. New D5500 on Amazon is $799 with 2 lenses (18-55 and 70-300)? Also be wary of the "kits" with lots of items in them. Some not so reputable companies will throw a lot of cheap items in a bundle. Most if not all the items are subpar. And worse, they sometimes take out items that would normally come with the camera and replace them with cheap items. Like battery, charger, and any cables. Many of the big reputable stores do sell on ebay. So, just use caution.

You want to buy your camera and lens from an authorized Nikon retailer (there are some on Ebay). And make sure it's not listed as "grey". This is the only way to get Nikon warranty. And beyond that Nikon service. Nikon will not service "grey" equipment. Grey means equipment not brought into the country through NikonUSA. Basically the retailer buys the items from another company overseas and imports them.

If anything Best Buy where I am is selling the D5600 for same price as Amazon. $900 with 2 lens kit. And $1000 with the 18-140. I would just get it at Best Buy. Since it's local and you can have it tonight.

The D7200 was heavy, complex, and kinda intimidating with so many dials and buttons.

I found a bunch of new D5500s on ebay for in the $750-800 range and was wondering if I should trust ebay for something like this? The 18-140 lens was also selling new for $260 instead of $500.

Stay away or good deals?
Ok, then D5600 or D5500 it is. Still a good camera. Nothing wrong with choosing it if you feel better with it.

Be careful with ebay. Those are not good prices. New D5500 on Amazon is $799 with 2 lenses (18-55 and 70-300)? Also be wary of the "kits" with lots of items in them. Some not so reputable companies will throw a lot of cheap items in a bundle. Most if not all the items are subpar. And worse, they sometimes take out items that would normally come with the camera and replace them with cheap items. Like battery, charger, and any cables. Many of the big reputable stores do sell on ebay. So, just use caution.

You want to buy your camera and lens from an authorized Nikon retailer (there are some on Ebay). And make sure it's not listed as "grey". This is the only way to get Nikon warranty. And beyond that Nikon service. Nikon will not service "grey" equipment. Grey means equipment not brought into the country through NikonUSA. Basically the retailer buys the items from another company overseas and imports them.

If anything Best Buy where I am is selling the D5600 for same price as Amazon. $900 with 2 lens kit. And $1000 with the 18-140. I would just get it at Best Buy. Since it's local and you can have it tonight.
This, and I'd get the two lens kit. Would be plenty good to start.

I'm usually anti bestbuy, but they will honor prices from amazon.com as long as its not an advertisement. FYI

I've done it a few times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back