Which camera?

I merely just want a camera that is going to take great quality shots. I'm not using it for photography purposes, but just for simple photo shooting.
If that's the case, take a look at some advanced point and shoot cameras instead. The Canon G10 is a very good advanced point and shoot. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K is another very good advanced point and shoot. Both cost less than $450 each.

Another really good advanced point and shoot is the Sigma DP1, it's said to take DSLR quality pictures. Costs about $625.

Last edited:
If that's the case, take a look at some advanced point and shoot cameras instead. The Canon G10 is a very good advanced point and shoot. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K is another very good advanced point and shoot. Both cost less than $450 each.

Another really good advanced point and shoot is the Sigma DP1, it's said to take DSLR quality pictures. Costs about $625.

Thanks Samana! I went into best buy today to check out their cameras and we actually came across the Canon G10. It took very clear pictures! Now, if i were to buy lens just like for a canon xsi - i notice they have a range..... are they compatible with a canon G10? Do they have their own range of lenses or is their only lens what they come with? Hopefully that made sense!

Thanks Samana! I went into best buy today to check out their cameras and we actually came across the Canon G10. It took very clear pictures! Now, if i were to buy lens just like for a canon xsi - i notice they have a range..... are they compatible with a canon G10? Do they have their own range of lenses or is their only lens what they come with? Hopefully that made sense!

You can't put a lens on that camera, you're stuck with the built in lens. You'd have to go with a real DSLR to switch lenses, and even then, you have to make sure they are compatible with your body. If you get even semi serious about taking photos, you may find this to be very limiting.

I went into best buy today to check out their cameras and we actually came across the Canon G10. It took very clear pictures! Now, if i were to buy lens just like for a canon xsi - i notice they have a range..... are they compatible with a canon G10?
No.
Do they have their own range of lenses or is their only lens what they come with?
You can't change the lens on the G10, but it does have a tele-converter lens available as a extra cost accessory.

If you want a camera that has the ability to shoot close and to shoot far, take a look at the super-zoom P&S cameras like the Canon SX10 IS or SX1 IS or the Panasonic DMC-FZ28K. The Canon's have 20x optical zoom and the Panasonic has a 18x optical zoom. All three cameras have image stabilization and the ability to capture videos.

No.
You can't change the lens on the G10, but it does have a tele-converter lens available as a extra cost accessory.

If you want a camera that has the ability to shoot close and to shoot far, take a look at the super-zoom P&S cameras like the Canon SX10 IS or SX1 IS or the Panasonic DMC-FZ28K. The Canon's have 20x optical zoom and the Panasonic has a 18x optical zoom. All three cameras have image stabilization and the ability to capture videos.

Is the G10 able to record short videos? or just videos in general?

Is the G10 able to record short videos? or just videos in general?
The G10 can capture videos and I think the size of the video captured would depend on the size of the memory card used.

I heard that the video captured by the G9 is actually better than the video captured by the G10. I think the G9 captured HD video but the G10 just captures normal video.

Most reactions

Back