Which is better? 1 2GB or 2 1GB

ksmattfish said:
I'll never give up my darkroom...
yoda.jpg

Change in the future you find
Succumb to megapixels you shall
Film collect dust it will

Dr. Frankenstien,

Please don't tell me that my aps must die. There are times I still use the aps point and shoot (Yashica profile 4000). It takes better pictures than my daughter's point and shoot 35 mm canon.

As far as going digital. As they told mikey....."Try it, you'll like it".

Feel free to ignore... I'm gonna put whatever I want in my sig, thank you.

Since when does the camera take pictures?

start with 1 1gb card and see how far that gets you..you might be surprised...a gig card can hold a lot of 6mp pictures

DocFrankenstein said:
Succumb to megapixels you shall
Film collect dust it will

I said that most of my clients don't care about the difference between film and digital, but that doesn't mean I don't see the difference between an 8mp capture and a 6x6cm piece of film. Besides, I still get some customers who prefer film, and while I hope they choose to employ me because they like my work, the fact is if they want film, I'm about their only choice around here.

I succumbed to multi-gigapixel technology years ago when I got my first Speed Graphic 4x5.

Hey! Yoda is bogartin'!

I'm on the 2 1GB cards train as well. When shooting weddings I wouldn't want all the images on one card. I shoot weddings with two photographers so if something happened to one of the cards we do have a backup of similar shots but from other angles. Right now I have a 1GB & 3 512s that work well. Switching the card isn't a problem at all, it's a lot faster than having to change film when you think you can get several hundred images on one card :D

It may be worthwhile to check price/Gb of the cards, sometimes two 1Gb cards can be cheaper than one 2Gb but not always.
Personally I have a 2Gb card and a bunch of 500Mb, all of them acquired when a deal was found.

I have seen cards crash before. Entire sessions lost. Go for the 2-1GB cards. They dont weigh that much and it isnt like you need to carry 10 with you, like with film. If you only had the one and it crashes. You are done for the day.

Islair

I am with Orie and Terri, This thread is strangely disturbing coming from Matt. But I understand the reasons behind his blastphemy... :)

I'm for two - 1 gig card. For the same reason that Alison mentioned. If you have a Sam's Club membership, 1 gig cards are about $71 plus tax. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back