Which is stronger?

Which version is stronger/more powerful/better?

• Total voters

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Which do you think is a stronger version of this photo?

Version 1.:

Cancun00-501_edited_RS.jpg

Version 2.:

Cancun00-501_edit-3_RS.jpg

Both these have been in the main forum already, but I'm really torn as to which will earn a 19x13 in a frame on my wall. Comments/critiques welcome!!!

Thanks
Wik

(PS: on version two, I've furthered it on my primary copy at home by bleeding through some of the nose detail so it doesn't look quite so out of focus along the ridges of the nose. So use your imagination a little. The nose of #2 looks more like the nose in #1 now. :D :thumbsup: )

what kind of camera did you use to take that shot?.. im assuming film, because you are going to blow it up and put it on your wall. but if it is film, then how are you going to make a blue eyed print?

i'm just curious =0

I've just voted "Equally", but I'd change my vote if I could. The colored iris is one of the most realistically fabricated irises I've seen. That kind of perfection should be the main point of focus. That's a righteous photo!!

Cypilk, It was shot with my canon 300D--a digital SLR. I can easily make 13x19 prints on my printer at home, and could go up to poster size with no loss of quality by going to a print shop.

Shark said:
(And also FWIW, the iris is natural. It's been saturation boosted in PS, but the reflection is really there. It's one of the coolest shots I've ever gotten. :) )

That explains why it realistic looking.

I have a 5 step proc to add color to an iris and it doesn't even closely resemble your product.

"Nothin like the real thing", huh?

I voted #2. This is hard to pull off without looking contrived, but it works here because of the reflection.

I might cut the saturation back just a bit though. It might be a little too intense.

Great shot either way. :)

Most reactions

Back