Which laptop do you all use, and why

MBP 15 from 2011 i think. Nothing against Windows machines because I use one of those too, but after my last "top of the line Dell" kept giving me static spike bursts while doing any music recording I figured it was time to see what all the Mac fuss was about. Have not been disappointed.

Has anybody else gone from a 15" to a 13" monitor size?
I debated it, especially because I have a monitor. But, I like the 15" when I don't want to be trapped to a desk.

As far as Dell is concerned, I jumped that train years upon years ago. I remember when I thought the world of Dell. I loved their computers. Then, the quality took a big hit, IMO. We had multiple problems with our second desktop, both sister's with their desktops, and brother with his laptop. :mad: Even after all of this, my uncle a couple of years ago went to buy a Dell laptop. He had issues so he bought an HP (I think?).

Went from Dell, to HP (never had a problem with my HP), then to iMac then MBP. I've had my MBP since 2009 with no major issues (crossing my fingers it stays that way). I use a Windows for work, but it's an HP.

I'll probably never go back to Windows for my personal use, as long as the quality doesn't drop too low. The only problem I have with Apple is the price tag. :confused: I want a Mac Pro, but I'd rather buy a new camera body and a few lenses for that money. Or a car. :eek:

13" MacBook Pro with the i5 from 2011. Works like the day I bought it still. It can be a little slow when doing a 5 image HDR at 36mp a piece but it gets the job done.

I took back the Asus and got a HP Spectre 360 with the SSD, and holy **** this thing is fast. I read into how the SSD functions, and it is quite impressive. The only drawback is that it is a 13" monitor. I'm not sure if I'm just not used to editing on such a small screen and it is something I will adjust to over time, or if this will this continue to be an issue.
Has anybody else gone from a 15" to a 13" monitor size?

I went from a 17" laptop to my 13" MBP and to be honest, I really like the smaller screen a lot better. When I travel I can drop the laptop in the camera bag and go and not have to worry about hauling another bag with me. I really thought when I bought it that I'd miss the bigger screen but haven't at all.

I have used Macs since I used to do video editing out west for the mountain biking crowd in the early 90's.

I'm currently running a mid 2012 MBP 13".

Toshiba T1100 ;)

Acer Aspire M - I bought it for the small size and weight 3 years ago, it's an ultrabook. 14" screen, 6gb mem, i5 intel, getting pretty slow nowadays, and the J key misses 50% of the time. Also, 80% of the time, hitting the right arrow will increase the brightness.............. it's not supposed to do that unless I press the function key also. Aggravating! Will probably go Mac next time around.

Most reactions

Back