Which Photo Editor Is Best?

Mojha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am as amature as they get and I need some help. What do you think the best photo editor is? About how much does it cost?

A few people mentioned PhotoShop. Is it just common or a good product? :confused:

Adobe Photoshop is the 'best' program for pure image/photo editing. It's the standard for the industry. Unfortunately, the full version is quite expensive and has so many features and functions, that it is quite daunting to most people.

Adobe also makes Photoshop Elements...which is basically Photoshop (Lite). It's a lot less expensive and more user friendly...but still quite capable as an image editor. I would have no problem recommending this to you.

There are several other programs of varying prices and capabilities. One to mention is 'Gimp', which is a free download.

If you shop around for an old license of it upgrades from ALL old versions to the newest are VERY cheap!

Yes, it's a good product!

Photoshop is, as Mike mentioned, the industry standard, but it's also far more than most people need. Two excellent consumer-level products are PaintShop Pro (Current ver "X2" or 12) and Photoshop Elements (Current ver 6). Of the two, I believe that you get more functionality for your money with PaintShop Pro, but both are very similar, and both support Photoshop plug-ins. If you're truly budget concious The Gimp (www.gimp.org) is a very high-end photo-editor (very similar to Photosho) and totally free. The user-interface and functionality are a little different though, and there's quite a learning curve.

There are also a slew of inexpensive (<$50) applications that are decent, but if you can must up $75ish dollars, I would recommend PaintShop Pro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back