Which photoshop?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by kilifila66, Jun 29, 2005.

1. kilifila66

kilifila66 TPF Noob!

As always this could be a post in the wrong place (I am getting horrible at that) but I was out looking at Photoshop today and was wondering which version to buy? I saw Photoshop elements and Photoshop ?cs2? or something of the sort. Obviously the cs version is more expensive but I am not working with it proffesionally. Which version would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance,
    Drew

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Photoshop elements is probably plenty enough for you. It has lots of great tools for digital photography, without the hefty price tag of CS.

3. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ^^ Ditto.

(And you were right with the PS version... the latest one out is PS CS2, the one before that was CS, and the one before that was 7.)

I've heard of people buying an old version of elements on ebay or something for cheap and then buying an upgrade. I dunno how that would work coz I haven't done it, but maybe you could look into that as well.

4. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You get elements 2.0 free if you buy a wacom tablet, as well as most scanners or digital cameras.

5. rallyxe

rallyxe TPF Noob!

i have photoshop 7,0 and 8 cs if you want it, i can send through msn or something if you like.