Who has nikon d3100?

I have a D3100 and I love it though it is my first DSLR the down side is that it has a "cheaper" sensor therefore high ISO shots are not recommended if they can be avoided they result in a lot of noise. Having said that READ YOUR MANUAL learn the functions of the camera. As far as tricks there are really no camera specific tricks there are lots of pretty sweet things you can do with just about any camera that allows you to manually adjust your settings

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I have had my 3100 since may and have both the disk and the manual the disk is at my desk the manual is in my camera bag

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

I had to order a hard copy of the manual for $16 online. PDF download was $10.

JMorris271 said:

You can download it for free on Nikon website. You can print it for free from Nikon with a serial number.

give me personal message with your mail ID i will send the file which i have down loaded

I have a D3100, one useful tip - don't ever drop your camera!

I once dropped my bag with my camera in it whilst trying to rush to go on a train and it broke internally. I went to one of those camera repair shops in London for a price estimate and the lady told me it will cost half the price of the camera.

Nikon Product Manuals available for download

By the way. The D3100 doesn't come with a hard copy user's manual, just a hard copy Quick Guide.

The User's Manual is on one of the discs (or disc) that comes with the camera.

My D3100 came with both a hard copy and the disk. Maybe they recently started packaging them together? I got it last week.

I jut got mine for Christmas. The one it came with printed is nothing compared to what is on the DVD. Print the one on the DVD or online and keep it in a binder you can make notes in or refer to as needed. That's what I'm doing.

It's a trick just to own such an expensive (factor in; 35mm f/1.8 lens, gas, groceries, insurance, taxes and Christmas for the kids and grandkids) entry level camera. I love it though. My coolest trick is downloading the manual from Nikon in PDF on my iPad (via iBooks).

Most reactions

Back