Who still uses discontinued Nikon SLR/DSLR bodies?

I have an N90S and a D40. Both are discontinued, and both work just fine. Come to think of it, my truck, a Chevy TrailBlazer, has also been discontinued but still works great.

I have a d40 that I still use and if the D90 is truly discontinued, I have one too.

For the last 5 years I've used a 2003 Canon Digital Rebel DSLR, non-IS kit lens, and a 256MB CF card because I can't afford anything fancier. Until I have more money, it forces me to work creatively within the camera's limitations and choose my shots carefully.

Oh woops, sorry - didn't notice this was a Nikon thread. *derp*

I used to scan everything on a 20 year old Leafscan 35. Took 45 minutes at f/11, but got the job done and done sharply!

I only have one camera that isn't discontinued (Fujifilm GF670).

I don't have any Nikons (Nikon is probably the only camera brand that I have never owned - no real reason why), but I have a lot of other stuff - film and digital. None of it (except for that GF670) can be purchased new today.

I have never had somebody question why I am using an older camera.

<more popcorn>

I still use all these
bigthumb.gif

326408_2811042229819_1071635590_2718960_654148629_o.jpg

I still do have my old Nikon EM series with the 35 prime. I probably put a couple rolls of film through it in the last year.

Just upgraded from a D70S to CGibson's D90. I really don't care if it's not a current model. The D90 exceeds my current needs, and was priced within my budget. Those two factors made it a win win deal for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back