Why All the Hate?

aaronlecain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't get why people make a point to attack Sony. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I don't go into Nikon threads complaining about their rifle scopes, or canon thread hating their printers. Why all the hate? I am a Sony Fan boy and love all of my Sony products. They are a big company for a reason. They must be doing something right. I just don't care for the negative when someone asks a question or for advice.

I do not Judge a Sony Camera by their PS3 or other non-camera gear. That is all. my rant about rants is over. Long live Sony..... it is Sony Camera subforum afterall.

550423_144540082348272_150326540_n.jpg

I love sony.... the thing I hate about sony DSLR is that it is so hard to find a used lens for it on local CL.

I love sony.... the thing I hate about sony DSLR is that it is so hard to find a used lens for it on local CL.

I recently purchased a new A57 and have been having a ball buying used lens on the Bay. I purchased a Minolta 50 mm prime, Minolta 35-70 and Tokina 75-300 for around $150 including shipping. I moved up from a Pentax K100d and so far, after a short learning curve, have come to like the Sony.

I like Sony - they made the sensor in my Nikon.

It's actually not as bad as it was a few months ago.

There is no logical explanation for it. I'm all for a health smack talk now and then. It's fun as long as everybody keep their perspective when arguing with faceless people you don't know and will probably never meet !

Just read over the silly remarks and carry on with the topics. People usually revert to their good nature when nobody bites.

Probably goes back to BetaMax. Then Memory Stick. Then illegally invading customer's PC's with spyware that reported back on user behavior. Then dealer price-fixing. Stuff like that. A corporation can try to f&%^ people over only so many times before said corporation becomes known as the corporation that tries to f&%^ people over by imposing ridiculous conditions on the use of its products. I personally have little animosity toward Sony Corp., but quite a few people absolutely LOATHE the company and its products. Sony is kind of like the Microsoft of the electronics business...liked by many...hated by many...

Sony is like the Apple of general electronics in the fact that many of their innovations are proprietary, and eventually die because of that. lol.

"Dude, how much memory do your memory sticks hold?"

"Wtf are you talking about?"

Sony is like the Apple of general electronics in the fact that many of their innovations are proprietary, and eventually die because of that. lol.

"Dude, how much memory do your memory sticks hold?"

"Wtf are you talking about?"

Exactly. Apple's innovations have all been,mostly short-lived, dead-end flops. Like the GUI they saw at Xerox's lab, then turned into a workable personal computing interface with graphics and that useless, piece of chit "computer mouse" idea. How stupid of Apple.

And compressed computer video--Steve Jobs's dream...that was another stoooopid Apple innovation. And putting CD-players in each and every computer made--another idiotic Apple innovation that died out and went nowhere. And putting that worthless-as-teats-on-a boar "USB" plug-in on EVERY computer....Gawd, Apple had some stupid engineers on that worthless innovation project. Gawd, that was DUMB.

And the all-in-one computer concept, that iMac idea...that lasted from the late 1990's until when? 2000? 2001? Oh, and that stupid Apple innovation called "music downloading by the song"--dumber than hell. And that Apple innovation, the wahtzit..the iPod??? WHALES swim in pods...music has nothing to do with "Pods"...and that old "plug and play" concept of chit that "just works"...yet another in the long list of Apple innovations that were stupid and died out....

I love all the Apple innovations that have died out.

For every failed tech there are many that take hold and contribute. I feel that the Quality of sony Cameras keep up with others. I look at all the failed tech from the past and they all contributed in one way or another. My point in this thread was why do people feel the need to post bashing Sony as a company when someone is just looking for reviews of a product.

For every failed tech there are many that take hold and contribute. I feel that the Quality of sony Cameras keep up with others. I look at all the failed tech from the past and they all contributed in one way or another. My point in this thread was why do people feel the need to post bashing Sony as a company when someone is just looking for reviews of a product.

Because they have a history of repeatedly doing what they think is best for SONY... even if it screws the consumer (lots of lawsuits!). It has basically happened in almost every product line they make! And it will happen with the DSLR camera line also. There is a saying.. that those that do not know history, are doomed to repeat the mistakes others have made! Do you really think their proven, repeated history bodes well for anyone that purchases Sony electronics?

Last edited:
Every company does what is best for the Company. I stand by every one of my Sony electronics. Pointing out only the flaws in any company will make that company look bad. From my very first Sony walkman to my Sony A77 to the computer this was typed on while watching my Sony TV playing a Sony Blueray on a Sony Blueray. I have more experiance than some with Sony products and will continue buying sony products. Why? Because my experiance and opinion says it is a safe bet. I deal with personal experiance and Sony has not let me down.

The whole concept of portable music comes from Sony's Walkman. How about CD ?

Sony was IT in electronics not so long ago. Apple's success is pretty recent. And Apple is very annoying with proprietary stuff. Thunder bolt connectors ? Music format ? iOS is dropping Google, blocking competing Apps... Don't fool yourselves...

Some users make it a point of trolling Sony topics. If that's what makes them feel like they live a meaningful life, let them do it.

Some users make it a point of trolling Sony topics. If that's what makes them feel like they live a meaningful life, let them do it.

This about sums it up. I like my a580. Works good. Price was good. Pics look just like a d7000 that it shares the same processing chip with.

I'm very happy with my Sony A700. But then, I'm happy for the ability to take photos that some people enjoy looking at. After growing up using el-cheapo cameras, I'd be just as pleased with an Olympus, Nikon, or whatever else is out there. The challenge is in capturing special moments just right, which would probably be fun with just about any camera. Mine just happens to be a Sony.

Most reactions

Back